Finally... getting close :)

atlraj

Registered Users (C)
All-
My appologies on not participating on this board very actively for last couple months . I was kind of depressed on USCIS and very busy with work also. I just noticed some of you tried to contact me also.

Here is my story again.

I went for my interview on 4/10/08 at 12:30 PM and an officer called me in around 2 PM. Interview went very smooth after civic and history questions, officer mostly asked me about my job and what I do what I had to study in my college to get the job etc.... I thought she was very nice.
All of a sudden she went outside of the office ( I think she was not a regular officer that interviews on daily basis but may be she is a very high level officer, she had big office space with glass window etcc..). She came back into office after 15 mins and said to me "I need to verify some thing in your file so I can not make a decision now but expect a letter in the mail".
I was totally dissapointed the way it ended. Talk about very nice picture about her in my mind :) I am just kidding.
To my surprise I was depressed again with USCIS and how they operate, at same time thinking as usual this is the hieght of patience for me for long time any way.
Couple days later I said to myself I am going to forget about it and move on.
That is what I did for last couple months.

Finally, today I recieved my letter for Oath.... Yeah...
Back to life.. hopefully this journey of american dream will come soon to me. :)

BTW: folks you messaged me separately, please accept my sincere appologies on not gettting back on time.

Raj

Congratualtions...you did good..you moved on. You kept your cool and patience and let USCIS do their job and it paid off.

Atlraj congrats... nothing to be depressed about man... looking at the backlog they had, timeline for your case was not that bad. enjoy!

2BUSCTZN, Ravi1985 and GhantaBro ...thanks.
can not wait to be a US citizen after close to 20 years in this country.
There is always a teasing piece that came along every time, I guess I am used it by this time :)

You are lucky...

I have waited patiently for 120 days to be over after my interview and did a infopass last week, they said that they received my second A# file in Jan and the IO has not reviewed the file since last 4 months...... The lady @ the counter first said I cannot do anything other than wait for the officer to review the file. Finally, i convinced her to put a note that i came for infopass and my file needs to be reviewed since it had already arrived long back.
Now the receipt given to me @ infopass says that i have to wait for 180 days before i query about the status.

For my wife, she mentioned that he 2nd A file was requested sometime in 2004 and then immediately, she said that i will put in a request to receive the file again. Seems that they never requested for the file even after the interview.

Wait continues......

I feel for you.
if it is over 120 days you file a suit infront a judge. (one of my friends did it recently and worked out very well within 30 days or so he got oath done but they asked him to go for fingerprinting again).
what is the District Office for you?
Raj