Finally Done!!! Baltimore Too Cool!!!!!

WaitingWasFun

Registered Users (C)
Yes, finally after 5 years I am done with my GreenCard. I went for an interview today at Baltimore and it was all over in 10 minutes.

Officer took us inside at 7:50. He asked us to take an oath. He asked for our driver\'s license, EADs, and Passport. He verified all the information on our 485 is accurate and asked some questions from the 485 form for which we answer NO.

Then, he asked if I still work for the same company. I said YES but the name changed due to buyout. He asked for employment letter, and copies of W-2 and couple of recent pay checks and put them in the file. He also asked for a copy of our sons Birth Certificate. He then said our passports will be stamped and given to us in 20 minutes and the cards should arrive in about 6-months.

So, simple. It all finished in 10 minites or less. The person was very friendly and nice and he came out and gave our passports in 20 minutes and explained that we can travel outside the country with the temp GC.

It felt so GREAT after getting the approval. Especially, after waiting for 5 years. I wish you all GOOD LUCK and I\'ll be checking back at this great message board until I get my card.

Thanks to immigration.com and for all those you posted veryinformative messages.

No Title

Congratulations to you, enjoy your new found freedom. One question for you though, can you please clarify your PD, it says 08/99
Is this really correct?

No Title

Your PD (8/99) contradicts with your statement of "5 year wait over"! Am I missing something?
Please post the correct PD, becuase I think for INDIA EB3, your PD is not current.

No Title

Just came to know that our Interviews are scheduled at Baltimore for April 18th 9:45 am.
Another friend of mine is scheduled for April 11th. Both our cases were transferred on
Feb 13th. FP on 03/01. We shd be seeing a lot more interview notices from Baltimore
in next few days. Hang in there!

No Title

Congrats man!
Did you notify INS about the company name change, like thro\' I-140 redo? Was the name change after you had filed your 485? I\'m wondering why was a company name change not as big an issue for you as it is for many of us!!

No Title

Can you give us a clue on the questions? What kind were they?

-- Just curious while waiting...

No Title

I filed my 485 in Oct 99 and the company I worked got bought by another about the same time. But, officially it was from Jan 2000. Then they even changed the name to a totally new one.

INS officer asked me if I am still a programmer at . I said \'yes\' but they got bought out and our name changed along with the Tax Id. He didn\'t even care to ask anything else. He only asked for my last years W-2 which had new company name. He put that in his file as if he had no problem at all with it. I went the extra step and voluntarily gave him a letter from the company that mentioned the buyout and name change info. He didn\'t even look at it. Just punched holes and placed them in my file. I also gave him last couple of years W-2\'s with the old company name and recent pay stubs which he didn\'t show any interest but put them in my file.

Believe me, it was just too EASY. Again, good Luck to you all.