FINALLY!! Card in my hand!!!!!!

Sanan

Registered Users (C)
I finally got my Green Card in my hand today!!! After a loooooong wait of 5 years, one journey ends here ....another begins :D

Good luck all you guys and Thanks for supporting/answering my queries!

PS: I will be around to help others if I can

485 Approval letter
I got letter from USCIS local office that my 485 application has been approved.
and told to check the address.

But in the letter it says"
You should received your Permanent resident card somewhere between six and twelve months.In the event that you move,be sure to advice USCIS of your changed of address referencing the above "A" number in your letter.

I was wondering why it will take 6 months to 12 months to get the card.

I did not get a letter about coming to local office and get GC stamp in my passport.

Please advice.

congratulations Sanan, also received my green card today!!!

Here's my profile:
PD October 2002, RIR/EB3, non-quota country
I140/I485 RD April 2004, concurrent filing
I140 AD, Feb 2005. Two FP, the latter one on May 3, 2007
VSC to TSC transfer
I485 AD, June 6th 2007 :)
Permanent Resident Card RD, June 11, 2007 :) :) :)

But in the letter it says"
You should received your Permanent resident card somewhere between six and twelve months.In the event that you move,be sure to advice USCIS of your changed of address referencing the above "A" number in your letter.

I was wondering why it will take 6 months to 12 months to get the card.
That's just a standard message that has been like that for years. It used to take 6 to 12 months for the card to get manufactured and delivered.

So Will it take few days or weeks to get my greencard? or do I have to go to local office for stamping..Please advice...

Last Updated Date keeps on changing

I received my actual card yesterday, but my "Last Updated Date" is changed on my I-140 after the card mailed date,is there any processing after i receive my card, any info.. thanks