Finally called an IIO (3:52 p.m. Oct 16th) for the first time ever ever ever

lamborghini

Registered Users (C)
Threw up my hands and finally called an IIO (3:52 p.m. Oct 16th) for the first time ever ever ever

Took a few tries to get connected and after about 5 minute wait, a lady IIO came on the line... told her I had an Adjustment of Status App pending and can she please check on that

She asked me for my A# - I gave that to her
She verified my name - Lamborghini :)
She said we are reviewing cases recieved around your time (my RD is 09/12) so you should hear something soon. As per our records there is no RFE or any such thing yet.

I didn't pressure her into saying 2 weeks or 4 weeks as we all know how meaningful that is

Then I asked if my I-140 had approved - YES folks even now when i check the online status i see

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on December 05, 2000. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 90 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

She said it did approve and an I-140 approval notice was mailed.

Profusedly thanked her for her efforts, made some comments about the Nor'easter that is blowing through Boston today and asked her to have a really nice warm afternoon from my side.

So there you have it folks... I do feel a little better. And that I-140 approval, that WAS real.

For a while I thought my lawyer created a fake I-140 approval notice.. now if I can only prevent my boss from calling the INS and delaying my case :D :D

Am I paranoidically defocused or what

Hello lamborghini

Nice to see your case progress. You will get your GC within this month.

But i have question. Why you are talking about I140 during I485 apporval. .....May be i am missing something.

Previously, people has to apply I485 after I140 apporval.
Am i correct. ?I know, currently process is changed. you can apply both.

Good luck.

Lamborghini, good luck. I hope she appreciated your small talk and the fact that you were nice and not ranting "WHEN IS MY CASE GOING TO BE APPROVED!!!!" :)

Have a good evening.

Originally posted by ivar
Hello lamborghini

Nice to see your case progress. You will get your GC within this month.

But i have question. Why you are talking about I140 during I485 apporval. .....May be i am missing something.

Previously, people has to apply I485 after I140 apporval.
Am i correct. ?I know, currently process is changed. you can apply both.

Good luck.

ivar, thanks for your good wishes.

You are correct in that up untill a few months ago I-140 had to have been cleared before I-485 was filed.

I bring the I-140 up to emphasize that you can never trust the AVM.

(i) God! untill yesterday (and even today) it has been like 22 months since I-140 was filed and it still says that it is being processed on the AVM, when I had received an I-140 approval notice in June 2001.

(ii) It was sad that the AVM never updated.. I lost almost 2 months because of this.. my lawyer sent all the docs to the HR dept in June and some intern slept on it for a while.. I in the meantime was regularly checking the AVM and saying to myself "hmmm what is going on, why isn't my I-140 approving." When I finally called the lawyer in July, I had a stroke!! What! It cleared! Where was my I-140 package?? ???? If I hadn't called the lawyer I would still be checking the AVM thinking my I-140 was being processed and the HR intern would still be sleeping on my package.

(iii) And now that the I-485 was taking so long, I began to wonder - "hmmm! maybe my lawyer made the whole I-140 approval up. The dang approval looks real but I bet he is pretty good at fake documents." So I just had to had to had to verify that the damn thing had cleared.................. :D :D :D just kidding.

But it was good to verify that the AVM was wrong

cheers

Originally posted by Scotgirl
Lamborghini, good luck. I hope she appreciated your small talk and the fact that you were nice and not ranting "WHEN IS MY CASE GOING TO BE APPROVED!!!!" :)

Have a good evening.

thanks Scotgirl... I was a bit down today - cloudy, rainy, no I-485 approval, but the tea that i made and am drinking is good and is lifting my spirits.

Plus any reference from you in any reply is always a treat... WE LOVE YOU!

I was going to say I love you but the tea has cleared some of my defocusedness.. :) :) and I guessed your BF is like 6 feet 10 and will beat me up easy if i did ;)