Finally approved !!!!!!

savant123456

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My 140 has been approved finally, it got approved last night on Nov 17th. This was such a rollar coaster ride and a loooong wait!!!

category: EB3
ND: Sept 11th 02
RFE: Oct 03
Approved: Nov 17th 03.

I wish a speedy approval for all those waiting for a long time, hang in there !! there's light at the end of the tunnel .....

Now off to the long line under 485 application ... :eek:) .......

-Savant

They got the RFE reponse within 2-3 days of my lawyer sending it. That was about 2-3 weeks back.

I have a 4 years bachelors in engineering (comp sc)

Congratulations Savant,

I can guess it's a big relief. You may get a faster approval for 485 - who knows, if you filed concurrently because there was a 485 approval from June yesterday, so if you filed in Sept - who knows - no trends at BCIS.

Since a couple of people asked this, details about my RFE:

The RFE was about educational evaluation. Acc to my lawyer this was fairly routine. I have a 4 year bachelors in Comp Sc from India. The evaluation service deemed it equivalent to BS. Comp Sc 4 year degree. Lawyer got the eval done from his source, the eval took about a week, reponse was sent in a couple of days after the eval was done, got my approval after approx 3 weeks.

Congratulations! :)

Welcome to the wait for 485 approval, and while you are waiting don't forget to sign up for one of the projects/campaigns we are running for speeding up the approval process! :)

Thanx savant

I am in the same exact situation. RFE on 140 for edu. eval. My lawyer did the evaluation and is sending the response this week. Hope I can get the approval in 3 weeks.

Thanx,
Jay

Still waiting!!!

I-140 EB3/RIR
ND: 09/09/02

Got an RFE on education eval on 07/29/03. Lawyer replied on 09/01/03.

Q. Does the online status change when BCIS recieves the response to the RFE? My online status still says that an RFE was issued.

Still waiting for some response from BCIS.