Finally approved

Shim4848

Registered Users (C)
It is my turn to say finally approved after longjourney.

Rd octo 26th 2001
ND Nov 28 th 2001
Done FP twice

Approved on August 19th!!!!

Congrats!!
Enjoy the new Freedom.
I couldn't see your record in Rupnet(NSC). If your are a silent
visitor please update your info and help others by giving some hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE

Yes i got RFE on Employment letter. I will contribute still to this forum in order to encourage fellow brothers.

Congrats!!!

so happy to see 10/2001 approval!!! seems like NSC is still working on EB based 485:) shim4848, would you mind telling me if you have done anything like contacting congressman or senator to speed up your case? was security check the reason for your delayed approval? I am an oct 2001 filer too, I hope NSC would be kind enough to approve mine before my FP expires this week :)

davoli24

Mine is pretty striaght case without any employement change only i did was change of address ! because of this security checkup again and all the nonsense process of BCIS. I have contacted senator Tom Harkin Iowa and they helped me to find out where about of my case along with writing status inenquiry letter on my own. I advice you write status inenquiry letter immediately explaining expire of your finger prints immediately it will help you. Believe me!!! do it today .

How long...

Hi Shim4848,

Congratulations!

How long does it take from your 2nd FP to the final approval?

Thanks!

thanks, shim4848

my case is actually simpler, no change of employer, no change of address, did ask my congressman to help though, the only thing they found out was that my case is still under FBI security check which has been going on for at least 5 months, so do you think your senator helped in expediting your case? what exactly should I ask from my senator? anything specific? if you don't mind, would you briefly what and how did you ask your senator?

Thanks a ton!!!!

divalio

I asked my senator to get status of my case what is going on? Then they took nearly 1 month and i got call last week from their office that my case was assigned to the officer you will get response in couple of days. I"m expecting rfe but i got approved to my surprise. I advice you to write status enquiry letter without delay since expiring finger prints will further delay your case another 3 to 4 months because of security process.

Wishing you good luck

thank you, shim4848

one last question, did you know whether the security check was done before you asked your senator for help? the result my congressman got from NSC was that my case is pending for the security check, I don't know for sure whether that is just an excuse that NSC used to stop interference from congressmen. what do you think?

divalio24

Your best bet was try your senator instead of congressman . I have written three status enquiry letter to BCIS even though i never got reply from them. Did constant follow up in the span of every month. Good things happened is to me was got second FP next day expiry of first one by writing letters. Write letter without wasting your time.

while, shim4848

what about security check? it has been 5 months, every time I checked through congressman, they always said that my case is waiting for the security check result and you now we have no access to inquiry any status from FBI, what could I do?

davil024

Are you from special registration country? Then time will solve Your problem. If not try to follow up this time with your senator explaining your situation. Send them approved case from this forum as a proof.

Good luck

I have been in your shoes and imagine the situation.

Shim4848 ,

Could you please let us know format/draft letter, which you sent to senator.. My RFE received by BCIS on 06/10/03.. still waiting for approval.. I am planning to send letter to senator..what do u say...?

ND : Nov'01

fortunately, no

I am not from special registry country. please forgive me if I ask too much, would you please tell me if you were told that security check was holding you back????????