Finally Approved

ChungLee

Hi Everybody,

I have been a silent visitor for a very long time.
My case was approved on the 29th of august/2002. VSC

Case Details

RD 08/15/2001
ND 10/11/2001
FP 03/29/2002
RFE 08/01/2002 - Birth Cerificate
Reply Sent 08/09/2002
Reply Recvd. 08/12/2002

Approved on 08/29/2002

Stamping on 09/11/2002.

This site had been very helpful.

Wish you all the very best.

Thanks

Congratulations!!!

Njoy ur freedom..

Can you please more details about ur RFE?

Did they ask you to submit your Birth Certificate or affidavit for Birth Certificate?

If so affidavit, What information was lacking on your birth certfiicate?

thanks,
Mad

RFE question

Thanks Chung for sharing your info. and Congrats!
My RD is 08/22, and I just learnt that they are going to send an RFE.
Seems like in your case, they approved in about 2 weeks of receiving your RFE. Is that a usual time frame?

TIA.

Indi Dude . Was this the first time you spoke with IIO? Did you call earlier and what was their response?

No, this was the 3rd time, I think! (life's a blur right now)
anyways... so the first 2 times, they basically echoed the AVM, said- its pending, we're working on it..bla bla bla... and of course this afternoon, when I got thru. (magically! after only 10 tries), AVM still said "....we'll let you know when decision is recd....." but on speaking with IIO, I got the wind that they just recently ordered for some additional information; I assume it means RFE. These folks are polite but very brief, so you always feel rushed!

all this rumor about processing to be suspended starting October 1.. you think there's any truth to that?

My Rd is August 23. Yesterday the IIO said case pending. Said to wait for 60 days. I then asked if need to renew EAD expiring on October 23, she said wait. This seemed contradictory. But also felt they do not want you to check with them repeatedly. Yet it helps to check like you get to know if there is an RFE. These days they are taking 2 to 3 weeks to generate an RFE. So it won't show up till then on the AVM. Next week we can ask them about October rumor ( closing for audit).

VC123, let me share my EAD story....
Each of the last 2 times I called IIO, I asked them in English, do I need to renew my EAD? (EAD expiring Nov 19 2002) They kept saying- No, just wait and you'll get it long before Nov.
And today I found out that they may be sending RFE. So, here I am... pretty much screwed...I heard renewing EAD takes 60-90 days, so I have a risk of losing my work auth. ....before getting my Approval.
in fact thru. this weekend, I have to brainstorm on how to convince my company and esp. the thick-headed company lawyer that they need to renew my EAD to friggin keep me work eligible. I told them a month ago but didnt pressure them bcs IIO said I can wait and expect decision before Nov.
You know they just dont get it... sorry i am venting on this thread...really frustrated....

Maybe it is faster getting an EAD at your local INS office in person. At least it is not transfer of case which takes months of waiting. Our experiences on this board are teaching us patience, tolerance,appreciation when we finally get it. This is just to temper your frustration with some philosophy. Looks like most of us on this Board are here for these life's lessons. Have a good weekend.