!!!Finally Approved !!!

insbpt

:) My case has been finanlly approved. My sincere thanks to Rajiv Khanna for allowing me to use this web site for all the answers in my case. I would like to share my experience with anybody who would like to get any cues from a similar situation.

PD: 9/5/98
I485- RD: 6/18/01
FP: 12/28/01
RFE ID: 7/31/02
RFE Reply RD : 9/5/02
AD: 9/18/02 for both me and wife.
RFE for both me and wife. Affidavit of birth for both of us. Proof of non-immigrant status since the last lawful entry. Medical for wife.
I had 7th year extension on my H1 which was not included with the I485, hence the proof of non-immigrant status requested.
Employment letter.
My I140 was sent to Chennai for CP. Later decided to file AOS. File transferred from Chennai to Nebraska upon request on Dec 2000.
Talked to IIO two times, both calls were courteously answered. I had been a silent visitor. Thank you all for posting your details.

CP

Congrats,

Is your I140 approved for CP? if so Have you applied for AOS when you applied for I485 even though you applied for CP?

I am just trying to clear my doubts, in my case I have applied for
AOS but now they are saying that they can't connect my I140.

------
Sunny

congrats! why proof of non immi status?

can you think of any reason? was your file incomplete? did you
have all I-94s or just few I-94 attached? what did you do to correct it? can you explain please?

Congratulation

"My I140 was sent to Chennai for CP. Later decided to file AOS. File transferred from Chennai to Nebraska upon request on Dec 2000. "

Who requested your file from Chennai and how?

Thanks in advance

Question for insbpt

Congratulations !!!!!
Enjoy the freedom
Could you please tell me in detail what file had to be transffered from chennai consulate?? Did you request that???

Mine is similar case. My I 140 is approved for CP at Mumbai Consulate and later on I decided to go for 485. If you can share what is file transfer is all about??? I have seen many cases in this forum people who have I 140 for CP takes longer.

Thanks and regards

JSJ123

From my understanding only INS can request your files from Consulate but you can check with Mumbai consulate about status of your I-140 approval notice.. (I don’t have mail id for mumbai, but you can easily find this from mumbi consulate website).

Even my I140 was also approved for CP, applied for AOS and it didn’t take any extra time for my I-485 approval, so be confident.. your turn will come soon.

Good luck.

TSRAJAR

Thanks TSRAJAR for giving me hope.

Did you have to contact consulate to transfer file to INS ?? or anything special did you have to do ?? Please clearify.

Thanks