Finally Approved...!

mon14r

Registered Users (C)
My application has been approved yesterday per AVM. AVM updated this morning.

I called this morning IIO, he mentioned that I been approved as of yesterday Sep 3rd 2002. Also mentioned that I might receive the approval notices between 7 to 10 days.

After that I checked several times the AVM. It has been updated too.

My wife case also approved as of yesterday Sep 3rd 2002.

We got three RFE's 1)BC 2)NON-IMMIGRANT STATUS 3)EMPLOYMENT.

Issued on 8/9/02.. Responded on 8/20/02 by Fedex, Received by NSC on 8/21/02.. Approved on 9/03/02.

RD 05/05/01
ND 05/25/01
FP1 08/01/01
FP2 12/22/01
Got Second EAD in July 2002
RFE 08/09/02
AD 09/03/02

My case was delayed because of the I-140 connection.. Eventhoug I applied for Adustment status, INS sent that to CP to Madras India..

Any how it is a big day for me.

I took this entire week off. some how Iam approved too.

Good luck to all, who are waiting for approvals.

mon14r

Good Luck All of you are waiting.. It will come your turn soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Congratulations

I have question - did you or your attorney send and letter to NVC / NSC requesting for I 140 papers back? Because my I 140 was also approved for CP (but I haven’t opted for CP) and when I check NVC AVM it says “On Feb 10th we mailed Packet 3…… “ so I really wanted to know the procedure if the case is approved for CP and if we apply for AOS.

Thanks,

TSRAJAR

I never applied for CP though.. Unfortunately, it was sent to CP location. However, INS themeselves requests internally for the I-140 connection. from two different locations. If they can't find in regular location means, they request in second location which basically stores the CP's related. If they already sent to related Consulate, then they will send the request to consulate. This is really a lenghty process.

I don't know in your case.. you already applied for CP, then want to change back to Adjustment status process.

Well, Once again, the attorney can answer better than me.

Hopes this will help.

mon14r

mon14r,

What did they ask you for a non-immigrant status RFE?
What documentation did you have to send? Did your attorney help you with that?

suresh

mon14r , at what point did you find out

that your I-140 application was approved for CP? How do you
find out until your case gets elayed by significant time at the
end? did you call IIO in the middle and found out??
Thanks.

gheewalabhai888,sunissunny

Well, usually we don't know exactly what point it happened for CP. Although, if your application is behind the schedule per INS processing dates, then you can call IIO, some times some good officers give more info than others. It happened the same thing for me too.. My attorney got this info...

Suresh--- If you guys search my username mon14r will see the details.

Good luck guys

mon14r

FP AVM update

Congrat!!

Did NSC updated your FP status in AVM each time?

My FP was taken on late May 2002, AVM still not updating.
MY RD is Oct. 2001, I was wondering if FP update refelct the
processing. As a senoir member here, do you see ppl got approval
without FP AVM update?

Thank you.

Congrats!!
:)

My RD is also OCt 2001 and FP done late May 2002 but AVM never updated. Still says "Your I485 appl was received on...."

How long before approval ?

Congrats Bud:
Finally my attorney mailed the RFE and NSC received the RFE.

How long after the receipt of your RFE did NSC approve your I485 ?

Cheers

ColsEB444

RD 07/13/01
ND 08/23/01
RFE:08/19/02 - Non-Immigrant Status
NSC received RFE reply on 09/04/02

All,

I did the passport satmping at Denver Local INS office.. The line was very long, waited around 3 hours to get a ticket, by the time they called my number it was another 30 to 45 mins.. However with an officer it took only 10 mins.. Pretty staright forward process. They took the finger prints and the signature and stamped on my passport..

That is a temporary Green card but it will be valid for one year. However, an officer mentioned that it will take 6 months to get my actual cards, if not I have to go back to them after 6 months.

I beleive it might arrive much quicker than they say.

If you guys know anything like how many weeks to get a card, please post some approx time frames.

Good luck all you are waiting for GC ..

mon14r