Finally approved.

Xueping

Registered Users (C)
Per AM, our (me, my wife and son) I485 got approved on 5/24. Waiting for approval notice. The AM did not update until 5/28 (memorial day, what a surprise).

My case is a little bit complicated, details as follows:

1). I140/NIW submitted in 4/98, working at company A at city P.
2). NIW RE in 8/98, replied 10/98. That was a bad time for NIW, most NIW got denied.
3). I140/NIW denied in 12/98.
4). Submit appeal in 1/99.
4). In 4/99, Company A out of business, got to leave, joined company B at city P on H1B visa. At meat time, I though NIW appeal is hopeless.
5). Suprisely, appeal sustained in 12/99.
6). Submit I485 in 2/2000.
7). As recommend by lawyer, leave company B and joined company C at city Q, to continue working in the field that NIW is based on.
8). 5/9/2001, RFE for I485 issued, for Employement letter, W2 and paystubs.
9). 5/17/2001, RFE replied, employement letter states that I am working in the same field.
10). 5/24, I485 approved.

It is a painfull process. To maintain working in the same field, I have to work in city Q while my family is still in city P. To make sure we will have green card, my wife who is working city P also started her I140 application, so she can not move before my case has final decision. City P and Q are 240 miles away, I have to travel between these two cities every weekend and suffer seperation from my family. The legal fee for the whole process is more than 20,000$. My lawyer charges on hour basis, for 300$ per hour. But he is really a very good lawyer. At this point, what can I complain for his service? He got my NIW appeal approved!

Anyway, it is over. I fully understand thoese who are waiting for approval. I wish all of you get your turn real soon.

Good luck.

No Title

congrats Xueping! - Man u went through a lot of BS, it is good that things worked out for u ... I wish u the vey best in LIFE...

No Title

Congrats Xueping! Enjoy in USA!
Isn"t great to know that my answers about your question were right!

No Title

Yes, Connie, thank you very much for answering my last question correctly. Good luck to you!

No Title

Congratulations! I am happy for you now you family can re-unite! One quick question, is you NIW self sponsored, or company sponsered?

Thanks

No Title

OCT2000, you are doing a very good job on maintaining the RFE table.
I sincerely hope that your turn come soon. Good luck.

No Title

Congratulations xueping!

Also a Chinese and been through the same journey. Good luck to you.

Frank