Finally approved.

yoginm73

Registered Users (C)
Today at 1145AM, I got couple of magic emails, that my case was approved.
My journey was long. Could have been approved last year, but then because of retroggress, went back a year. This time also I had to follow up and had to be on the top of the case all the time, to get it approved on the last day before getting into another retroggression (EB2). I had almost given up on July 15th, and thought that taking help from senator would be of no use, because by the time, the senator will start working, it would be august and then retroggression. But somehow I faxed the details and called daily to senator office to follow up, leaving voice mails most of the time.
Later at the end of the month, I almost lost hope when I got an FP notice for 27th July and not for my wife. I did FP on 27th, thinking I might be the only one to be approved and my wife would be pending for some months then. But then next day got my wife FP notice, and took her the next day for FP (30th) even though the scheduled FP date was 8/9.
Today I got approvals for both the case (myself and my wife). I am thankful to this forum for responding to my questions, suggestions, and directions which are equivalent to an immigration lawyer. This forum has lot of power but sadly it has limitations as to speeding up anybodys case. We all wake up once in a while with the hopes that it would be approved now anytime, till USCIS comes with a method to shatter the dreams and extend the nights so that we dream on and on.

Lastly to mention couple of people particularly who have been active in the forum helping people out even though they are out of the GC process now.
Toxci
POJ
Saras
KJ
GrassRoot
Greencardvirus
wait911
harry321
and many more.. The list is endless.

About my future plans, I am not sure if I will be here till citizenship. That would be good if I could stay here for 5 more years. But I have allready wasted 5 years of my time on GC. I just had a baby boy 3 months ago. My bigger kid will be 4 this october. I have about 2 yrs time to think on his future. To go back to India and educate them there or settle here pemanently. That is our big question coming up. I have parents to think about who are alone back in India and need our assistance due to their age and moral support. So I think the benefit of the GC should be to able to make max use of my skills in the next 2-3 years and earn some money before migrating back to India.

I sincerely pray to god to help you all out and hope that the immigration bill gets passed soon, so that things happen faster.

Take care.. I would be around in the forum, since it has been a habit now.
All the best to those pursing the card. And remember, till you have your citizenship, you are just an alien in this country with a A#.

Following is the status changed to today.
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 1, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Congratulations!!!

Yogin,
Congratulations and welcome to the GC club!!
When is the Party??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
All the best for your future plans!

Yoginm73
Congratulations for you and your wife. Hope your plans will work out as you are hoping.

A great relief after a long wait , right.

Good luck

Congrats Yogin!

Congratulations Yogin and appreciate your offer to help others like me who are still waiting.

Yoginm73,

Congrats ! Five years with a GC, not bad at all although it is hard-earned, thanks to Toxsci and other Gurus valuable inputs..

Toxsci, please check your message.

Congratulations Yoginm73,

Enjoy freedom now , and good luck !!! Life is beautifull !!!

Regards,

ghebauer

Congratulations, really! Yes, there are always other big questions in life, but at least for you now green card isn't one of them anymore. You deserve this bit of peace of mind, enjoy it! :)

Congrats

Good Luck

Mine was not approved so i will wait till October to see what happens.

EB2 India
Priority March 2002

Congratulations Yoginm73. As Toxsci said, welcome to the GC club :)

I can heartily echo your sentiments about going back for the sake of your parents. Life is very good here but with the prospects of moving parents here permanently, virtually non-existent, it is a high price to pay.

All the best for the future.

Intezar05