Finally Approved

thukralrk

Registered Users (C)
This time its my turn to say Yahoooooo !! :D

I received an email notifications from USCIS on July 23rd, stating that I485 cases for My Spouse, Son and Myself are approved on July 22nd (FINALLY) :)

I'm confused :confused: now, as about 2 weeks back my family and I are moved to a different location (new state, new job) and I have put in forwarding request to the post office (and AR11 to INS), my lawyer told me that post office will not forward this mail, and USCIS tells me that I cannot change the address on my case until 2 weeks have passed after approval and I don't get the notice.

Does anybody has similar experiance? What will USCIS do in this case will they forward the same notice to me after receiving the updated address from me after 2 weeks or will they print a new notice and send it again? How does it impact my overall process, is it going to be delayed?

Any inputs are appriciated.

Here are my dates

Labor Filed - 04/2000
Labor Approved - 12/2000
I 140 filed - 2/2001
I 140 approved - 8/2001
I 485 filed - 11/2001
1st EAD - 12/2001
1st FP - 04/2002
2nd EAD - 12/2002
RFE - 06/2003, Replied 07/2003
3rd EAD - 12/2003
4th EAD - 12/2004
2nd FP - 04/22/2005
Kids FP - 06/04/2005

Approval for Spouse, Child and Myself - 07/22/2005

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats

thukralrk said:
This time its my turn to say Yahoooooo !! :D

I received an email notifications from USCIS on July 23rd, stating that I485 cases for My Spouse, Son and Myself are approved on July 22nd (FINALLY) :)

I'm confused :confused: now, as about 2 weeks back my family and I are moved to a different location (new state, new job) and I have put in forwarding request to the post office (and AR11 to INS), my lawyer told me that post office will not forward this mail, and USCIS tells me that I cannot change the address on my case until 2 weeks have passed after approval and I don't get the notice.

Does anybody has similar experiance? What will USCIS do in this case will they forward the same notice to me after receiving the updated address from me after 2 weeks or will they print a new notice and send it again? How does it impact my overall process, is it going to be delayed?

Any inputs are appriciated.

Here are my dates

Labor Filed - 04/2000
Labor Approved - 12/2000
I 140 filed - 2/2001
I 140 approved - 8/2001
I 485 filed - 11/2001
1st EAD - 12/2001
1st FP - 04/2002
2nd EAD - 12/2002
RFE - 06/2003, Replied 07/2003
3rd EAD - 12/2003
4th EAD - 12/2004
2nd FP - 04/22/2005
Kids FP - 06/04/2005

Approval for Spouse, Child and Myself - 07/22/2005

Thanks

Wow, what a long journey for u. You applied for 4 EAD's.....

Anyway, congratulations and enjoy!!! Are u EB2 or EB3?

Congrats on your longtime awaiting greencard!!

The USCIS mails won't get address forwarded. Since you were unable to change the address on file, the approval notices will goto your old address, and then returned back to USCIS. When you call them after 2 wks, you will update the address, and the notices will then be mailed to the new address.
It is a matter of 2 or 3 more weeks, not much to worry about. Good luck!!

Congrats!!

What took you so long ? were you stuck in name check? if so when did it get
cleared.

Enjoy the freedom....Cheers.

Thanks for all of the Good Wishes. Mine is a EB2 case. What took me so long is something I am unable to reasonably answer. Only thing that my lawyer said and I quote is that INS does not work on any science :rolleyes: .

In my case when I initiated an inquiry last year and INS told me that due to the change of address they have added more time to my case (how much more? I don't know).

My assumption is that during the 485 process I had changed address twice (within the same state, MI), which must've thrown me back by some time. Plus my doctor Goofed up while filling the medical form which initiated a medical RFE that must've added to the spice too.

Regardless, now all that is over, and I'm eagarly waiting to see my notice, which appears to be taking a longer route to reach me than the usual straight forward road. But, frankly I'm relieved from all the pressure that I carried during these 5 years.

I wish all the very best to everybody on this forum waiting for a GC approval. This is really a good place to steam out your frustration and get some good answers at the time of need :cool: .

Thanks

Congratulations !

I would like to piont out that besides the applicant, the lawyer alse gets the approval notice. So in your case, you can request the lawyer to send the approval to you, once he gets it.

hello thukralrk,
can u please post the message you have gotten for your case conveying approval of the case?
thanks

The message is as follows:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

This case has been approved. On July 22, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

485 Approved

Yesterday I got long waited email with 485-approval status.

Best of luck to all
FP – 3/2005
I-140 - AD 04/22/2005;
I-485 - AD 07/25/2005;

thukralsk. thanks. i got some email but that didn't say this. it said,
the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed to me. I guess mine is FP or RFE. I wanted to check if it is approval, i don't think so. thanks for your feedback

WOW -- nearly 4 years wait after filing 485 !!

CONGRATS -- well deserved and a great test for your patience in life :)

Enjoy :D

sishya,

I got the similar message when my Advance Parole got approved. Check your email with AP receipt number. If it matches, it is for AP.