Finally approved

Gkhan

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends:

Finally after a long wait of 37 months, full of anxiety and depression, our cases (me and my wife) have been approved:

RD: 4/2001
ND: 4/2001
1st FP: 6/2002 (after calling INS several times)
2nd FP: 3/2004
RFE: 2/2004
RFE received by INS: 3/2004
Approval: 5/2004

I contacted senator’s office in Kentucky in January 2004 after the processing times were beyond my RD. The senator’s office told me that the case will be moved to the director’s office and repeat FP notices will be sent out due to expired 1st set. It took another 2 months for FP and RFE to be taken care of. The DLEA office sent FP to Nebraska instead of TSC. 5 weeks passed after FP done and almost 2 months after RFE. Subsequently, I sent a letter to the director of TSC as well as the officer # on the RFE and mentioned about the FP sent to Nebraska. 2 weeks later, cases approved. Notices received today. E-mail notification received 4 days ago. Plan for passport stamping next week.

I want to thank all my friends in cyberspace in this forum, whom I have never met but their insights, suggestion and input has helped me in tough times. I wish you all the best.

A quick question on plastic cards? Can plastic cards be mailed to a PO box instead of residential address? Has anyone had their cards mailed to a post office box address? I would like to use PO box address as we plan to move shortly.

Thank you.

Gkhan.

I am very happy to see your approval GKhan.

No dought you struggle ur best.... and result is sweet.

Congratulations. to you and Family.

Good Luck. and plz keep us update with P-Stamping and Plastic Card.

Congratuation again.

GC and Po Box. I don't think they would accept the address. and don't worry about the address on GC. you are free person... you can move where ever u like. I believe you even don't need to update ur address in Gc. DMV record /post office add update would be enough. and about informing INS ... research it and share us... does GC holder need to inform INS about current update....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you friends.

fjaffery. have you requested a case status referral as it has been more than 60 days after your RFE has been received?

Best of luck. It would not be long before you get approved.

Gkhan.

Congrats GKHAN...

One quick question.. do you know is it possible to do the passport stamping in any BCIS location.

We are staying in a temporary address now.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Gkhan,

Congrats...Enjoy...Your approval is really special to all of us...yours have been a loooong wait, indeed...

By the way, do you come from one of the Sp. Regist. countries? And if yes, did you regist. at the appropropriate time?

My understanding is that GC need to inform CIS thru AR-11 of change of address...

Would anybody, please, search the net and confirm...

Congratulations ...

gong xi ya, han ge men er :D

it is really good to know you got approved after 37 months long waiting, enjoy your freedom and good luck to your new life in the states.

Hello friends:

Thank you very much.

nfn- I am from Pakistan and I did go through the special registration process. As far as I know, everybody who is not a citizen has to file AR-11 form within 10 days of address change. This does apply to permanent residents.

faitas- They have given me the address of the BCIS office in Louisville on the approval notice and I plan to go there. Since there is only one application Support center in Kentucky, so I have no choice. I am not sure if you can stamp it at a different location.

I will keep in touch with the forum and wish you all the best.

Gkhan.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

enjoy your freedommmmmmmmmmmmm

I believe stamping can only be done ins center which is in your residence jurisdiction, one cannot go to any bcis center. I ccould be wrong

GKhan, after this long ordeal you'll see the rest of steps are very streamlined, stamping and getting cards.

Congratulations!!!

I am in the same situation. My second FP was sent to CSC instead of TSC. The senator and congressman both sent the inquiry to TSC but nothing happened yet after one month.

Can you tell me why you think there is a problem if FP result is sent to Nabraska? I will contact the TSC director.

congrats again!
------
RD 6/1/01
RFE ack 3/04
2nd FP 4/04

gc2005ca:

I don't think this is a problem if FP results are sent to another center. I am sure they have a central system.

I spoke to my lawyer and the answer was: "Ask the senator to have FBI send FP to TSC as it can cause a delay".

After 5 weeks of FP and almost 7 weeks of RFE receipt, I sent letters out of frustation to TSC director and also the RFE officer # mentioning that FP have been sent to Nebraska (I very politely informed them about the Fp having being done and sent to Nebraska from the DLEA). As you know on the FP notice, it states that if not done in 90 days, application can be considered abandoned, so I was concerned. I don't know if the letters helped but I got approval within 2 weeks. The lawyer's office agreed with my sending the letters with the caution that "we hope that doesn't harm your case". I don't know if that helped or not.

You might want to check with your attorney if they recommend sending out letters in your case. It may just be the time period that it takes after the 2nd FP. Hope that you will get GC soon.

Gkhan.

Congrats

Hi Gkhan congrats. I got your reply to my earlier question, and thaks for the info. Last week I faxed a letter to officer 255, who issues RFE. As per ur suggestion I am thinking of writing a letter to the Director also. Can you please let me know, where to mail the letter and how did you mailed your letter, means acknowledgement register post. Thanks in advance.

Gkhan said:
Hello friends:

Finally after a long wait of 37 months, full of anxiety and depression, our cases (me and my wife) have been approved:

RD: 4/2001
ND: 4/2001
1st FP: 6/2002 (after calling INS several times)
2nd FP: 3/2004
RFE: 2/2004
RFE received by INS: 3/2004
Approval: 5/2004

I contacted senator’s office in Kentucky in January 2004 after the processing times were beyond my RD. The senator’s office told me that the case will be moved to the director’s office and repeat FP notices will be sent out due to expired 1st set. It took another 2 months for FP and RFE to be taken care of. The DLEA office sent FP to Nebraska instead of TSC. 5 weeks passed after FP done and almost 2 months after RFE. Subsequently, I sent a letter to the director of TSC as well as the officer # on the RFE and mentioned about the FP sent to Nebraska. 2 weeks later, cases approved. Notices received today. E-mail notification received 4 days ago. Plan for passport stamping next week.

I want to thank all my friends in cyberspace in this forum, whom I have never met but their insights, suggestion and input has helped me in tough times. I wish you all the best.

A quick question on plastic cards? Can plastic cards be mailed to a PO box instead of residential address? Has anyone had their cards mailed to a post office box address? I would like to use PO box address as we plan to move shortly.

Thank you.

Gkhan.

congrats

Congrats GKhan! I'm happy for you. My case is similar to your situation so resolution of your situation gives me hope. My RD is 08/01 and ND is 09/01. My first FP has expired late April,2004. The current processing date is three months ahead of my RD. I am praying that they pick up my case and issue me a 2nd FP notice. I hope it happens soon.

sg_rg2

Thank you very much friends. I appreciate your support. Got the passport stamped today. The process took less than 15 minutes.

I hope that everybody on this forum will hopefully get their approval notice soon and I will be showering congratulations and Mubariks for a lot of forum members.

GreenStuff: the address is the same as TSC address for the director. Please check with your attorney if it is ok to send the letters out. In my case, I just sent them some polite letters and I don't think it hurt my case.

Director- Texas Service Center
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

Best of luck to everybody.

Gkhan.