Finally approved!!!

NJGC04

Registered Users (C)
It is finally my turn to say APPROVED!!! Just interviewed today and got stamped two minutes after the interview starts, making me think why they want to transfer my case anyway.
This forum has been very helpful. Thanks everybody and wishing you good luck.

NJGC04

Here is my details:

RD 8/22/02
FP1 10/23/02
Transfer to Newark 01/12/04
FP2 3/19/04
Interview date 4/2/04

For those of you that are trying to decide whether to redo the medical or not. There is a new Memo regarding to the validity of the 485 medical for the year 2004. I asked my lawyer to bring a copy to the interview, but I do not have a copy with me now. Anyway, you should not have to worry about redo your medical.

For the interview letter, you do need a separate copy for your spouse and your kids, unless their names were mentioned in the same letter. In case either you or your spouse did not receive a interview notice letter, you can ask your lawyer to contact local office for the permission to do the interview for your whole family at the same time. It worked for me.

By the way, it seems like you can request your FP2 to the local office through your lawyer. That's how we got our FP2 notice.

Hope this helps, good luck

NJGC04

Did u request FP2 from local office after ur transfer?

Originally posted by NJGC04
Here is my details:

RD 8/22/02
FP1 10/23/02
FP2 3/19/04
Interview date 4/2/04

For those of you that are trying to decide whether to redo the medical or not. There is a new Memo regarding to the validity of the 485 medical for the year 2004. I asked my lawyer to bring a copy to the interview, but I do not have a copy with me now. Anyway, you should not have to worry about redo your medical.

For the interview letter, you do need a separate copy for your spouse and your kids, unless their names were mentioned in the same letter. In case either you or your spouse did not receive a interview notice letter, you can ask your lawyer to contact local office for the permission to do the interview for your whole family at the same time. It worked for me.

By the way, it seems like you can request your FP2 to the local office through your lawyer. That's how we got our FP2 notice.

NJGC04

Re: Did u request FP2 from local office after ur transfer?

Based on my request, my lawyer sent in the request of FP2 for us. And it worked.
NJGC04

which category you are in ?

Congrats NJGC04 on your approval !
I am also a NJ Aug. filer, no news at all, even no FP2. Are you EB1 or NIW filer ? I was heard these filers are normally transfered to local for intereview ?
Thank for your reply and good luck.

Here is my details:

RD 8/22/02
FP1 10/23/02
FP2 3/19/04
Interview date 4/2/04

NJGC04

Re: which category you are in ?

NIW was used for this 485 filing, although I also have EB1 approved.

Originally posted by guestusa
Congrats NJGC04 on your approval !
I am also a NJ Aug. filer, no news at all, even no FP2. Are you EB1 or NIW filer ? I was heard these filers are normally transfered to local for intereview ?
Thank for your reply and good luck.

Here is my details:

RD 8/22/02
FP1 10/23/02
FP2 3/19/04
Interview date 4/2/04

NJGC04

Congratulations!! NJGC04

I took your advivse and sent a FP request letter to the local office, today I received both FP letter and interview letter, thanks very much!

Another question, in your interview letter, did they metion to bring the medical ressult with you or not?
Did you bring the old medical result with you ?

redo medical?

My medical was done 2 years ago when I filed I-485. Noe I have been scheduled for an interview soon. Should I redo medical? Thanks

JerseyGirl & needluck1,

As you know that there were USCIS memos for 2002 and 2003 regarding to the 485 medical, which basically say that the medical is valid for the whole 485 process as long as you do not have category A & B conditions. If you do a search in this forum, you should be able to find these memos. But I could not find the Memo for 2004. Later my lawyer told me that they have the memo for 2004.

My interview letter did ask for medical. I asked my lawyer to bring a copy of that memo. During the very short interview, the officer did ask for medical. My lawyer told him that the medical were included with the application. So we did not even need to show the memo. Immediately after we hand in our passports. The officer told us that he will approve our cases and started to stamp our passports. Anyway, get a copy of 2004 memo from your lawyer and do not worry about the medical.

Good luck.

NJGC04