finally Approved - RD: 9/21/01

boston092001

Registered Users (C)
Online message says 'The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 '

I call the number and it says 'The case was approved on 9/17/03 ...'.
:)
------------------------------------------------------------
RD: 9/21/01
FP1: 1/11/02
FP2: 6/19/03
AP: 9/17/03
Waiting for notice ...

Congrats

COngrats enjoy, you really deserve it after the long wait.

BTW, It was a long wait. Was there any RFE's, AC21? Any other reason for the delay?

I don't get any RFE.

Byt the way, my lawyer sumbited 3rd EAD and AP for me last week - company will cover the cost. Do you think if I need to ask them cancel the applications since my 485 gets approved? I will get the notice within 14 days according to the phone message.

Congrats! That was a long wait but it is over now.

Originally posted by boston092001
I don't get any RFE.

Byt the way, my lawyer sumbited 3rd EAD and AP for me last week - company will cover the cost. Do you think if I need to ask them cancel the applications since my 485 gets approved? I will get the notice within 14 days according to the phone message.

Congrats. It reminds us that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.
PS : Lesser number of posts(in this forum) does not guarantee a speedy approval. This should be a solace for active members.

Originally posted by boston092001
I don't get any RFE.

In all probability you will get the application back with all documents and hopefully check too.

my inqury might help

I made an inquiry on aug.1 and got a reply from BCIS on 8/12 says:
Your case is in the begining status of review. If you have not heard from the center within 45 days, please contact us for assistance

Today is 10 days from the 45-day limit and my case got approved!

Congrats.

Nearly Two years (24 mo) from RD! What a pace USCIS is working at!

On the other hand, looking at the current situation, I'll consider myself lucky if my cases gets approved in 24 months. Go, BCIS, change the name to USCIS. Go, USCIS change the I-485 speed to < 12 months.

PS, the I-495 (Beltway of Washington, DC) speed limit is 55 mph. People always drive 65-70 mph. Why BCIS can never beat the speed limits?

My inquiry didn't help

I am another sept 2001 case, i have made an inquiry as well but nothing other than standard response.

Congrats my friend, even after 2 years you are lucky