Finally Approved - RD 5/8/01, ND 5/15/01

As the discussion has started....

I want to clear my doubt. I see that many people assume \'Receipt Date\' to be the date when FedEx/UPS/etc. delivered their application to the INS. But on the I-485 \'notice\' sent by INS, there is \'Received Date\' and \'Notice Date\'.

I assumed the \'Received Date\' on I-485 notice as my \'Receipt Date\'. Is this correct?

BTW, Congratulations rzrbck!

The magic of EAC...

EAC numbers are based on your ND, people! NOT RD! Do the math and you will see that the 247 is exactly 247 business days from Oct 1 2000. That, remarkably, is your ND. If your RD and ND are close to each other, you may run into a confusion. Do your math again. Enlightened, you will be!
For example from October 1, 2000 to May 15 2001 there are roughly 184 business days. Give or take 2 (I wasn\'t sure about those Saturdays around Christmas and New Year\'s).
So, rzrbck, there\'s your answer. Go check with your attorneys for the exact dates, if in fact you are posting details about a genuine case.

Don\'t be fooled!

As we all try to be positive and optimistic, we simply cannot buy anybody\'s false information. This cannot be true. The EAC itself shows that this cannot be a May 2001 case. This more looks like a March case!

My 2"

I think he messed up RD. Because his case is EB3 there should be a normal case like all of us. It can\'t be May\'s RD and ND so close: RD 5/8 ND 5/15. Anyhow, rzrbck, congratulations! Could you double check your RD? Thanks

Looks like true but confusing in getting receipt within 2 weeks

Hi! All

The case is looks like genuine. Compare my details are RD 06/27 and ND 08/16 and EAC : 01-247-55XXX. The EAC numbers are generated based on ND. The approved person EAC is EAC 01-171-XXXXX. If you deduct his ND 05/15 from 08/16 the number of days are around 80(excluding Sundays). The only confusing thing how come he got his receipt with in 2 weeks. Further analysis is appreciated.

Madala

I think the dates are messed up

My dates are RD: May 1st and ND: July 13th. How come his RD and ND are in the same month. Something is wrong. I believe that his case is approved but not with those dates.

rzrbck, do you have your I-485 receipts with you ? If yes, you could check the RD and ND ? If not,

EAC -XX-XXX interpretation

Could somebody check this out?

I always thought that the 3 numbers in the middle is counted from the RD of the I-140 approval notice to the RD of the I-485 receipt notice, counting only business days.

It works to my EAC #, why not try it to yours?

This is fake

Fact 1: INS had tons of problems when they were issuing receipts for cases filed in Apr / May. My RD is 04/27 and ND is 07/11. INS DID NOT ISSUE ANY RECEIPT WITH IN A WEEK. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE AWARE OF THIS.

Fact 2: My RD is 04/27 and EAC# is 01-221... how can this guy have EAC# before me when his RD is after me.

Come on do not fool the poor waiters.

I do not say that this approval is fake. But my case details

seem to contradict the RD of this approval. My RD is 4/09, ND is 5/16. EAC 01-178-#####. So, with regard to ND, I am close, but my RD is much earlier than him.

Then again, INS tend to screw things around many times (more than many times) This person may be lucky.

This is fake - We should ban such people

Fact 1: INS had tons of problems when they were issuing receipts for cases filed in Apr / May. My RD is 04/27 and ND is 07/11. INS DID NOT ISSUE ANY RECEIPT WITH IN A WEEK. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE AWARE OF THIS.
Fact 2: My RD is 04/27 and EAC# is 01-221... how can this guy have EAC# before me when his RD is after me.

Come on do not fool the poor waiters.

Assuming his/her EAC number is correct....179th computer working day in CSC was 05/09/2001. So I gu

Here\'s how the receipt numbers are generated

The article does not say RD or ND. I am guessing ND because it says when RD is generated.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#C

Format is SERVICE_CENTER - FISCAL_YEAR - NUMBER_OF_WORKING_DAYS - CASE_NUMBER

Important points to remember - Please correct me if wrong
INS Fiscal Year is from Oct1 - Sep 30. Fiscal Year 2001 is from Oct 1 2000 - Sep 30 2001. Anyone who filed in that duration will get
EAC - 01 -

GC_KOOL Your RD ND is 4/23/2001 and 7/6/2001 and Receipt number is EAC - 01 - 218 - XXXXX

If 218 is July 6 I am guessing 171 would be July 6 minus 47 working days. Assuming 27 working days in June, 4 for july. Some time Mid may notice date seems right

sometime in May. WOWCan anyone be that lucky????????????????????