Finally APPROVED:: RD 05/31 ND 08/03

g-man

Registered Users (C)
Just heard the nice words from AVM that our (both my & my wife\'s) case has been approved on Feb 20, 2002.
Thanks GOD...
My info
Started process in May/June 2000.
Labour file on June 30 (VA)
Labour approved on Aug 15
I-140 filed: 09/15/2000
I-140 approved: May 2001

I-485:
RD: 05/31/2001
ND: 08/03/2001
FP: 12/01/2001
AD: 02/20/2002
EAC-01-238-xxxxx

Got laid off before 180 days of I-485.
Got new job on H1 before 180 days of I-485.

Finally, its over... This site and everyone has been very helpful. It kept me up-to-date. kept my morale high... Thanks alot everyone for sharing information.

Congratulations!!! First approval after 2/18/2002 for Apr/May/Jun filers

Did you check AVM yesterday? Thanks

Congratulations g-man

Hi G_man
Please post your category and state too.
Also please let us know if you informed INS when you got laid off about change of job/lawyer/and/or address.

All the best

Congrats bro! You brought back some smile to the people on this board...

Otherwise it\'s been a very depressing week...

EB2: State VA

Mine is EB2.
State is VA
I did not inform the INS about the job change but I guess because of H1 transfer they should have known. Also I had my FP done in a PA state even though I got a letter for VA.
I did inform the VSC about the address change, but I kept the VA address (relative address cuz its permanent)

I checked the AVM around 12 noon and got the same old message that "FP received on jan 10 and case resumed".
I called at 4:05pm and it was updated with this news. Seems they update the AVM around 4pm.

I kept the same lawyer

He is good, really good.
As for as I know, most of his cases get approved with any RFE and/or interviews.
I think lawyers have a big role in this whole process.

Congrats ! Could you share how u managed after getting layed off . ie. still had the 485 process on

yes, 485 was still on...

My sponsered employer continued my GC sponsership. They cooperated in this regard.