Finally Approved...... June Rfe case

june01rfe

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to let you know that my June '01 case with Rfe for dependants got approved last week. The details follow :

PD : 11/14/98
RD : 6/12/01
ND : 7/27/01
Rfe for Wife(Madical) and son(Our Marriage certificate) : 6/26/02
Rfe response received by NSC : 7/16/02
Approved as per AVM : 8/26/02
Received approvals by mail : 8/31/02

It took about 6 weeks after NSC received our Rfe response for the approval to happen. We were on vacation last week and I happened to check the AVM on 8/27/02. To our relief, heard the "Approval" message for me and my family. :)
Just wanted to let you know if you have changed address after filing I485, it may be a good idea to call up IIO and inform the same personally. I had moved in April '02 ; and asked my attorney to send the new address info to NSC. But received Rfe from INS to old address in June '02 for Wife - which thankfully got forwarded by Postal dept to my new address. (Of course, Attorney too got Rfe copies so that backup is always there).
After responding to Rfe's called up IIO on 8/9/02 to check on my status (I did not have any Rfe) : happened to ask about my address - they mentioned old address (Even though we had applied for EAD extension in June '02 with New address) - got it corrected over the phone. Tried to enquire about wife's Rfe and Address, was told she had to call up as they can't tell me her case details due to privacy issues. So, my wife called up next day and got her address and our son's address corrected over phone. Good news is that our approval notices, which arrived on 8/31/02 came to the new address correctly. Planning to get passports stamped in Chicago sometime this week.

Thanks and Best Wishes to all of you waiting for the Big Day.
Thanks to Mr. Khanna for this invaluable forum. Greaty-k you deserve all the appreciation you receive (Yes- I have updated Rupnet with 'Chicago485' Id). It's been a long journey (since '98 November) - have been with the same consulting company : able to make it thru' because of some good clients.

Any queries welcome... Thanks and All the Very Best.

Congratulations!...

It's good to hear that your case got approved. It looks like NSC worked on RFE cases last week since many RFEs got approved on 08/26, 08/27, and 08/28.

Best Of Luck

Good luck.. Finally it happened after 6 weeks!.. Thank God Iam hoping mine too.
My RFE received on 8/21/02.. will see how long mine will take.

mon14r

Also waiting for Approval

NSC received our RFE responses on 8/20. We still haven't heard from them. Checked AVM this morning. It's amazing how NSC works - with absolutely no pattern.