iamhero

Registered Users (C)
LIN-01-267-5****
RD 08/06/2001
ND 09/18/2001
FP 02/22/2002
AD 10/02/2002
No RFEs....

Finally its approved. I checked AVM this morning and it says 'This case has been approved on Oct, 2nd....'. I checked online its not updated yet. I spoke to IIO this morning He confirmed that It was approved.
I applied my 485 last year and got married after that. My wife's case filed this year in Feb. seperately as a Follow to Join. So I guess she will get her turn when NSC starts Feb. cases.

Wow..., Finally Its done. Big relief......,

Thanks to all for your support and Thanks to Rajiv Kanna for this great forum. Thanks to greaty-k for rupnet.com
I updated my details in rupnet too, user name is Raj.
I will still be contributing to this forum sharing my experiences..

Best of Luck to all who are waiting......., Soon it will be your turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi iamhero,

Congratulations. my case is same as yours. i married after i filed GC. Did ur wife got finger prints? can you furnish more details?
TThanks

Hi all,

I have a question related to marriage.
Mine is same as iamhero case.
I filed my GC in Oct2001 and got married in April then filed for wife. She hasnt got finger prints. After going through portal, I found that marriage within six months of filing GC may cause local trasfer. So I am worried lot. After seeing iamhero case, is that local transfer applies if you marriage before you file i485? Any ideas? please reply?

Please add if anyone like iamhero case with approval details.

Thanks,
at2000

My wife finished her finger prints in June. She got EAD too.

I don't know getting local transfer if you're married within six months of I-485 filing. I think its just a rumor. Its not true.

I know some people here very straight forward cases , married years before 485, some married before applying for GC , Got it transfered to local INS.

As far as our cases are concerned, when we filed our 485s we weren't married, we said we are 'Single' in our applications. So, when they look at our application they don't even know when we got married.

Overall, I don't think there is anything like if u got married within six months of 485 whether its before or after, it will cause local INS transfer. I think this is just a guess, not true at all.

CONGRATS MAN!
I have exactly the same dates but haven't got the approval yet.
Hopefully my turn will come soon.
have fun.

RD 08/15/2001

I am also in the same boat, I filed mine in Aug'01 and later got married and filed for 485 for my wife in Apri'02.

I am waiting for my approval...Today I spoke to IIO and he said the case is with an officer as of Sep 21st, which makes me believe that I should receive my approval any time now.

I think my wife will receive her approval when April'02 cases are reviewed. I also heard rumours that in cases like ours(wife to file as 'follow to join') they will transfer to local INS..but I don't really believe that, becuz I know atleast 2 cases personally who filed their spouse's adjustment app after their marriages and got approved with no problems...

Hang in there guys!! We will all get our approvals.. all that matters is the time :) Good luck

at2000,

Sheila Murthy's site has some information on marriage and GC.
What is listed on her site is "If the duration of marriage is < 6 months before I-485 filing date, then it is likely that the case
would be transfered to the local office".

But, in your case you got married after filing your GC, so it is possible that you would get approved first and your wife's case would be transferred to the local office. This is just my interpretation of the posting on www.murthy.com

Good Luck.

Check up www.murthy.com and search for this in greater detail.

Thanks rational55 for your interpretation. I agree with you. If there should be a transfer to local INS that would be for the spouse's case and not for the principal applicant for those cases who got married after filling their 485. Good luck everyone !!