Finally approved for a better lockup !

DIGS

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Yes, my 140 approval came in today when I was not expecting it. Although it took over 18 months from the filing to see this day, quite frankly I didnt expect it so soon for the following reasons.

- There are applicants before my RD with & without RFE.
- My Attorney overslept, moved in circles, went on vacation and took over 2 months to reply to my RFE, while others' responses were done much promptly.
- I lost my patience and shot a letter to my Senator who in turn did the same to NSC, putting them into inconvenience & frustration.
- I still got up from the same side of my bed.

Having got this approval, obviously gives the much needed freedom from the employer. Ever since my writing to the Senator, I had also lost patience with my employer's slavery and had started resisting it to his surprise. Thankfully, my RFE did not require inputs from the employer and I was just hoping for not getting a second RFE. Just to mention, I had got 2 RFEs in my Labor
processing, that was the courtesy of Attorney for improper handling. With the resistance, working got tougher, but I can now settle the scores. After 4 years of slavery, I took a chance, but I would advise others to hold on till 140 approval. It is just the saddest part of employment based GC processing.

Anyway, I'm now out of lockup # 140 and moving above to lockup # 485. As you all know, it gives a breath of fresh air. I can now move in the open, but fenced field. I, like several others hope that the people confined in the Congress see outside and bring an end to this stiff retrogression for countries whose professional/skilled applicants assist the most to the US businesses.

To end, my prayers and sincere wishes for you all to get early approvals, ofcourse with the simple and justified rule of First Applied, First Approved. I know there are still applicants waiting before my RD and my apologies to them for jumping the line.

Meet you in the Open ;)

DIGS

EB3, India, PD Aug. '03
140/485 RD Apr.05 '04
140 RFE Aug.01 '05
140 Reply Oct.12 '05
140 Approved Oct.21, '05
EAD/AP will be applying now.

july 140,

Thanks.

Sorry to see your 140 denied after a year of waiting. Hope things work out favorably for you.

Good luck.

DIGS

DIGS,

Congrats! You are now in the half-way house!!
Good luck on your I-485. Have one on me tonight!!

I'll be looking into the I-485 forum for your inputs. On one hand I'm happy for you and on the other I'm sad to see you go. Will definitely miss your thoughtful comments.

Once again CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK.

Thanks Mahi & Snafu,

I too would miss this forum and you all have given me company for all these months to keep my sanity. I take this opportunity to thank Mr.Rajiv Khanna and his offices for putting this wonderful and thriving website where people of common cause sail through the stressful times. I also take the opportunity to appreciate the suggestions and assistance of unitednations, in particular and several others like minded persons.

I'm now confident that your approvals should be coming soon and Snafu, the 'fu' in your screen-name will go.

Good luck.

DIGS

Well said and done, DIGS, much better than those who brags about their approvals within 10 days. Congratulations and hope you'll get your 485 approved soon!

Congrats DIGS on your I 140 approval. Hope the officer( we have the same officer code) gives +ve decession too on my RFE.

Thank you all for everything.

It is painful to see applicants waiting with 2004 RDs.

FAQ..... with the same officer, I hope your approval comes in next week.

Good luck guys. Thanks again.

DIGS

DIGS,

Hurray !!!. I was waiting to hear this good news and I did !!. I am really happy for you. I-140 is the biggest ordeal (atleast CIS had made it that way). I-485 is a longer journey, but you wouldn't have to fight like this. I wish you the very best.

Take time to enjoy this moment (I am sure you did !).

Thank you bmt74,

The good news is gradually sinking in. I'm enjoying the approval in a slightly different way. My resistance with the slavery from the employer initiated last July has come to a point of exchanging written correspondence. Though late, I'm thankful for getting the approval at a time where I can blow the wind out of the employer.

I really feel sorry to read your ordeal in the thread on 'security check'. My best wishes and prayers for getting early justice to you and everyone in similar situation.

DIGS

Thanks kpkgc,

My officer code was NSC/RTF EX277. The RFE was on education, experience and training. I had more than the necessary requirements, but the Attorney may not have originally attached the supporting documents, OR they may have issued the RFE for my going thru the Senator. I was happy for not getting any RFE related with the company.

Good luck.

DIGS

DIGS said:
Hello All,

Yes, my 140 approval came in today

Hey DIGS ... congrats ....

eNjoy the 140 and start posting in 485 forum... looks like its a long wait for every one out there.

Thanks Nadi.....yes, the 485 is a long wait after retrogression. I'm hopeful with the current movements, things should change favorably in early next year.

BTW, my LUD on 140 changed again on this 24th. The content is the same of approving the case on 21st. The LUD on 485 has not changed from July 04. I have seen one case here, where the applicant's LUD and content changed to RFE after approval. Appreciate, for your inputs about the possibilities.

Thanks.

DIGS
EB3/India/PD Aug.03
140/485 RD Apr.04
140 AD Oct.21'05

Finally 140 approved.

After waiting for 18.5 months,I-140 got approved after RFE(A2P).
BBBBIIIIIIGGGGGGGG thanks to UN who helped me to find weather my employer has A2P. :)
One more mess up from TSC is that the online msg for 485: transferred to Dallas Office on 10/19/2005 and on 10/25/05 received letters for 485 transfer.
So I am assuming I need to go for one more AOS interview :mad:
More details in signature.

Congrats lx_kumar,

Wish all the longest waiting applicants get their approvals soon.

Good luck with your 485.

DIGS