Finally Approved!!!!!!!!! - Dec 2001

I think the letter from Senator helped a lot because when I had spoken to IIO sometime last week, he mentioned that after the RFE response was received in July 02, 2003, our case was never touched. But later after the Senator made an enquiry in Feb 2004, our case was picked up on Mar 23, 2004.

Looks like, FP, EAD and AP do not result in any movement in the case as they appear to be independent, parallel process.

Many thanks to Rajiv Khanna, for creating this forum and keeping our hopes alive. Maybe the threat of Lawsuit is making BCIS more efficient in clearing backlog.

To all who are waiting, may your turn come next.

Congratulations. I contacted my senator but no +ve response from VSC yet. God knows how they process the case.

Congrats

Originally posted by gc478
I think the letter from Senator helped a lot because when I had spoken to IIO sometime last week, he mentioned that after the RFE response was received in July 02, 2003, our case was never touched. But later after the Senator made an enquiry in Feb 2004, our case was picked up on Mar 23, 2004.

Looks like, FP, EAD and AP do not result in any movement in the case as they appear to be independent, parallel process.

Many thanks to Rajiv Khanna, for creating this forum and keeping our hopes alive. Maybe the threat of Lawsuit is making BCIS more efficient in clearing backlog.

To all who are waiting, may your turn come next.

It was about time.

When u mean IIO do u mean the customer service representative at 1800 number? If not, how did u speak to the IIO? Did that person specifically state that, the senate letter helped?

There is a high possiblility senator letter helped/accelerated my case

OmGV,

I did not mention that IIO talked about the Senator enquiry. But when i spoke to IIO last week, he did mention that my case was picked up on Mar 23, 2004. Since my Senator's letter went sometime in Feb 17, 2004, I think it served an important purpose of "reactivating" my case whose papers were probably lying in some dump after I responded to my RFE in July 02, 2003.

Rajiv Khanna's potential class action lawsuit may have also goaded BCIS into speeding up backlogged cases. So, it was a one-two punch!!