Finally approved after name check pending

ndc121

Registered Users (C)
Finally!, just to let you guys know that I got an update yesterday and then today I got an email stating that I welcome notice had been mailed! phew, I thought I was in for the long haul.
Thank you to everyone who has given me advice over the last 6 months. :) :)

ndc121 said:
Finally!, just to let you guys know that I got an update yesterday and then today I got an email stating that I welcome notice had been mailed! phew, I thought I was in for the long haul.
Thank you to everyone who has given me advice over the last 6 months. :) :)
Congrats! :)

ndc121, your approval cheered me. We are also struck in FBI Name check. Hope this clears soon. Did you do anything after the interview to get your GC Approval ?

Timeline:
DO: Houston
I-130, I-485, I-765, i-131 sent to Chicago by Fedex: 06/21/06
Package delivered: 06/22/06 at 9:am
RD - 06/22/06
ND: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131: 06/27/06
Checks cashed: 06/27/06
Received NOA for I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131 - 06/29/06
LUD (I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131): 07/03/06
FP notice Received - 07/16/06( ND - 07/13)
FP taken - -7/20( actual appoinment date is 07/27)
Interview notice received - 07/27
interview date - -09/06 -Pending FBI Name check
LUD( I - 765) - 09/06

I didn't do anything. I did request a certificate of no criminal record from my home country, the UK, but it hasn't arrived yet.
I think it was about 5.5 months after applying that it was approved. Another guy from the Uk had almost exactly the same time frame. I know I thought that I would be stuck in name check forever. Its hard to believe that they actually get round to looking at your file again after the interview-well I guess they do. hang in there and good luck!!

Congratulations...This gives us Hope...

Hope is a wonderful thing especially when dealing with USCIS. Now add FBI to the list :mad:

Congratulations NDC121 !!! I am glad you got it, it proves that somebody is working on our files.

Got It after name check pending

Hello

The title of this thread will suit me too. Just received emails that welcome letter has been mailed.

It was not a long wait and I consider myself to very lucky.

Thanks to a lot of people who have helped me.

miamilover said:
Hello

The title of this thread will suit me too. Just received emails that welcome letter has been mailed.

It was not a long wait and I consider myself to very lucky.

Thanks to a lot of people who have helped me.

Miamilover, that's fantastic news. Congrats. I hope we receive it in the next few weeks too. Were there any change in the online status after your interview ? Also did u follow up with infopass after interview ?

There was no change in the LUD till today. In fact there was no change till afternoon 3pm or so. I received the emails 8pE. I noticed that LUD was changed to today.

I thought I would give it at least 3 months and take an infopass appointment in January 07 if it was not approved. The interview officer told us that it would be approved just before Thanksgiving but it took only 20 days after the interview.

Hi, Miamilover,
congratulations! It's really good news.
Do you mind sharing what was in your LUD before today's welcome notice?
I have been waiting for name check for four months after interview... still waiting...and... waiting...

Congratulations! It's good to know that people are getting cleared on FBI name checking after long wait.