Finally approved after long wait !!!!

v_indian

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,

Our case is finally approved after long long wait. When i came home today and as usual logged on to check the status, I couldn't believe my eyes at first , so i checked twice to confirm that my message has changed to "case approved". We still have to get the letter.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum, for being morally supportive and for helping out whenever i had any questions. We all have kept each others sanity intact, or else I would say this road is not very easy to walk alone without everyone's support.

We had sent a fax to senator last friday and they said they would get back to us within 5 business days, and today is the 4th day and we got our approval. I am not sure whether its coz of the senator, or its our luck. Will call them tommorow to see if our approval has something to do with their enquiry about our case. But I would sincerely like to tell evreyone who has been waiting for more then 26 months, please try to contact your congressman or the senator, its worth a try.

Thanks a lot once again... and please don't loose hope, your day would also come soon...

Regards

v_indian

LIN-0202xxxxxx
RD : Oct 2, 2001
ND : Nov 3, 2001
Rfe's : 4 (yeah amazing, isn't it)
EAD's : 3rd EAD Nov 03
Fp : 2nd FP Sept 03

That's a real long wait and painful journey. Congratulations on your patience. Enjoy the rest of your life now...

Congratulations v_indian on your approval .
It was a long wait.
You mentioned that you got 4 rfes. Can you please post the info about those rfes.
Also can you please provide some details on how to approach congress man.

Thanks
waiting_4_485
RD: Feb 06,2002( Just completed two years)
ND: Feb 12,2002( Just completed two years)
2nd Fp :18 th Dec, 2003.

congratulations

v_indian,
congratulations on your approval. 4 RFEs, and 28 months of wait-
you have overcome the ordeal.

All the best for the future.

starbucks
RD 12/14/01

Thanx everybody..

waiting_4_485 the RFE details
1st RFe : Birth Affidivit
2nd RFE : Mothers name spelled wrong in the affidivit
3rd RFe : Birth Certificate
4th RFE : Employment Letter

One might wonder why didn't they ask all of those together. Well that's how BCIS is. WE had recieved 1st RFE in Jan 2003 and then the others followed.

Regarding contacting the senator you could check your area congressman on http://www.house.gov You will need your 9 digit Zip Code(5 + 4), you can find that on http://www.usps.com After you have found out all this, you have to fax them a letter stating your problem, pls don't email them, they might take long time to send a reply. See if this works out for you Good Luck !!!

Once again Thanx everybody.

Regards

Congrats! It's little wonder why the USCIS didn't ask everything in 1 RFE. Four RFEs is a record, isn't it?

Rafiq

v_indian,

how far apart did you get your rfes? Was it like a back and forth communication or you had to wait long in between rfes? Can you give rough dates, I am just curuious.
Thanks, and enjoy your approval.
- Ghee

We were amazed too that we were recieving so many RFE's.

Actually went thru the papers again and we had received the first RFE in July 2002 and not Jan 2003(sorry for the error in earlier post)
1st RFE in July 2002
REplied in Aug 2002

2nd RFE in Nov2002
REplied in Dec 2002

3rd RFE in Jan 2003
Replied in Jan 2003

4th RFE in July 2003
Replied in Aug 2003

Regards

Congrats! v_indian

It is very unique and bizaare case, even though you furnish docs for previous RFE, they sent you a new RFE not related to previous one and did it three times, never tried to send all RFEs together.

Congrats v_Indian!

My guess, they must have reassigned your case to different officers as time went by, and each saw something that the other didn't see!