Finally an update to my case!!

Yeah dude. Its been 11 months since I filed and about 6 months since I slept without worrying about CZ. Feels good, but it took me a few days to realize it. Even when things went well it took me a while to realize I was not in the gutter anymore. My brain just got used to being so low!.... Anyway, life is a great leveller. You will have your day also - soon

Hi Rahul,

When you say 'Local Congressman' do you mean your state's representative in the senate? You also say that they made weekly enquiries on your behalf...how did you go about getting them to do that? I have made similar enquiries through my senator..I am waiting for Oath...I haven't heard anything from the INS in 2 weeks now...though they said that they will give my file to the supervisor to assign to an officer. I just want to be careful with the USCIS and the senator's office so that they don't get pissed off by my enquiries. It has been more than 5 months since my interview and more than 2 years since i applied.

Thanks a bunch...

By Congressman, I mean my district's elected repesentative to the HOUSE. They called every single week because

1. This congressmans office truly cares about its constituents, my Congressman is really someone special from what i have heard, seen and experienced

2. My relentless persuasion. I had to go get married , and my namecheck delay was spoiling my entire life's plans. I was not willing to accept no for an answer.

Will the INS get irritated if your congressman's office calls them too often? Probably. Thats why they have legislative branch and they are to shield you from direct confrontation. The INS should not take so much time anyway (2 years since you applied?!!).

As long as you have your senator's support and his office demanding action, you should be fine. There is no harm in gently reminind someone about something LONG overdue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Rahul!

So happy to see people who have been of so much help to others in this forum get some results on their own cases!

Ratrat

ratrat,

I was wondering where you were. Looks like you are back with a bang!. Yup keep visiting the forum and let us know if u find out more about DCF

Hi Rahul:

I know these are old posting but I just found them. I'm very desperate. My naturalization case is pending name check for about 2 1/2 years (Applied on Feb'02). I am going to start contact congressman and try everything you did.
Please send me any suggestions, I'll really appreciated.
Marile

marile said:
I know these are old posting but I just found them. I'm very desperate. My naturalization case is pending name check for about 2 1/2 years (Applied on Feb'02). I am going to start contact congressman and try everything you did.
Please send me any suggestions, I'll really appreciated.
Marile

Marile,

you can check out a big thread about "Name Check". Rahul has provided step by step instruction about how to inquire the name check, and how to contact the congressman.

good luck.

Yes, Rahul

I been inquiring on the status of my case for 2 1/2 years in the USCIS office (in Miami) and they keep telling me that is pending background check,(my last inquire was last week). I already went to the interview and everything. I've done my fingerprints twice, at this point the second is also expired.
I just found the name and address of my corresponding congressman.
Rahul: I'm desperate and nervous, although I've never have any problems with the law I started to think that something is wrong with my background check, i really don't know what it could be.
Application receipt date 02/15/02
1st Fingerprints 05/02
Interview 02/03
2nd fingerprints 12/03.
Please advise,
Marile

Rahul Please Advise!

Today I faxed: The FOIPA request and the Name check status reqest. I also sent an email.
I contacted my congressman's office and I need to go in person and present my case (I guess to his secretary).
What do you suggest? Should I wait for my FOIPA and then go the Congressman's office or just go without it.
I've been waiting for so long that right now i'll do whatever!!!
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Marile

Wait for the FOIPA, take it to the congressmans office. Proceed from there on. Write to the FBI heads if your case is really delayed

Rahul Kumar said:
Wait for the FOIPA, take it to the congressmans office. Proceed from there on. Write to the FBI heads if your case is really delayed
Rahul,
I just have a little question. I see all people getting FOIPA first then ask for the name check. Why is it needed to get the foipa first. even you said get the FOIPA, take it to the cogressmans office. What's the use of foipa in this case? thank you.

The foipa in case of taking to the congressman serves nothing more than to add credibility to your case. Congressional liaisions know nothing of you or why your namecheck is held up. This is a good start for to convince them that your case is a pure admin delay. Thats my interpretation

Rahul Kumar said:
The foipa in case of taking to the congressman serves nothing more than to add credibility to your case. Congressional liaisions know nothing of you or why your namecheck is held up. This is a good start for to convince them that your case is a pure admin delay. Thats my interpretation
thank you rahul for the clarification, as it makes sense.
I appreciate it.

Hello

Rahul:
You might me right, but I decided not to wait for the FOIPA and today I went to the congressman's office and talked to one of his assistants. Remember, I've been wating since Feb'02, they didn't believe it until read my papers.
I brought all my docs: inquiries checks, letters to the Ombudsman and his anwser.
She needed to talk to the office's director and told me to call her at 5:00pm. I did and they agreed to send a request letter to the FBI.
So, let's see.
I am so glad I found your posting during a google search. It's just funny that most of the members of this forum (the ones I've read so far) are muslims and I'm from Venezuela. Now I know it has nothing to do with nationalities, just bad luck...
Thank you for taking the time to respond my questions,specially because your problem it's solved. I was very frustrated, now, I feel doing something (at least).
One more thing: what do you know about filling a mandamus law suit, any case that you know of?
I appreciate your feedback, I'll keep you informed.
Regards,

Marile

marile said:
Rahul:
You might me right, but I decided not to wait for the FOIPA and today I went to the congressman's office and talked to one of his assistants. Remember, I've been wating since Feb'02, they didn't believe it until read my papers.
I brought all my docs: inquiries checks, letters to the Ombudsman and his anwser.
She needed to talk to the office's director and told me to call her at 5:00pm. I did and they agreed to send a request letter to the FBI.
So, let's see.
I am so glad I found your posting during a google search. It's just funny that most of the members of this forum (the ones I've read so far) are muslims and I'm from Venezuela. Now I know it has nothing to do with nationalities, just bad luck...
Thank you for taking the time to respond my questions,specially because your problem it's solved. I was very frustrated, now, I feel doing something (at least).
One more thing: what do you know about filling a mandamus law suit, any case that you know of?
I appreciate your feedback, I'll keep you informed.
Regards,

Marile
Marile,
so what kind of letter are you talking about here. Is the USCIS sending a letter to FBI or the congressman 's offiice? Is the letter for expediting the namecheck or just to check on the status of that name check?
Oh , one more thing, being a muslim is referring to one's religion not his/her nationality. Being venzuelan is referring to your nationality. So, the base of comparison is not logical. Just wanted to point that out. Thank you so much for sharing your experience though! :)

Sony55, thanks for the explanation.

Please correct me one more time, if needed. I meant people from the Middle East? It's just happen that the majority of muslims are from there. I'm not very knowledge in this topic. so excuse me if wrong.
The congress rep office agreed to send a letter to the FBI.

Just want to inform you

That last Monday 07/18/2005 I received a phone call from my congressman office to inform me that my name check was finally concluded on Jun 24, 2005. 2 days later i received a notice from the INS in the mail to redo my fingerprints since they were expired (3rd time). So I went to do my fingerprints on Saturday 07/23/2005.
I just wating for the OATh ceremony after 3 1/2 years of waiting.
Let's see,
Marile