Finally 485 Approved

gcfinder

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Today I received an email saying that my card production is ordered.
The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: ##########
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.

On [Date], we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I thank all the people here in this forum who have provided invaluable help to many layman people like me and guiding through the GC process. There are some people who after receiving their green cards, still take the time to visit these forums and help people. Hats off to such people.

I still did not receive any mail for my wife even though both our LUD's were updated along with my I-140. Will update once I receive her email also.

I have been all along on H-1 status and my wife on H-4 even though I have EAD for both of us. If it takes time for my wife, can she switch on EAD? She is currently not working. to switch her to EAD, do I need to do anything and inform anyone? (This ofcourse if it takes time for her 485 approval)
Please advise.

Also do I need to inform my current employer once I receive my GC in hand?
I believe my H-1 will be gone once I receive the GC..am i right?
when will the H-1 status go away? The day I receive the email or the day I receive my GC in hand?

I think I will be carrying this silly grin on my face all day ;)
Its been a 6 year long journey. The details are on my signature.my case was from TSC.

Thanks and Best Regards,
GCFinder

You should inform your employer that you have it however wait until you have the Green Card in hand since they might need a copy for their records. They need to know so they can update your status in the system. Also go to Social Security office and get the Valid Only With INS (DHS) Authorization removed from your Social Security Card since you are now a PR.

Thanks Darren102, This is an important aspect I forgot to note.
I will make a note of visiting the Social Security office once I have the plastic card in my hand.

thanks,
gcfinder