Finally 245i Case Approved

taruwish

Registered Users (C)
Finally 245i Case Approved - ND April 01 2002.

Hi, All

By grace of GOD we got approved.I was main applicant.My wife ,Son,
Daughter all approved.

I applied L.C. before April'01 using 245i for employment catogary (RIR)
L.C.approved on sep-04.
I-140 Approved on March-02
Applied I-485 on april-01-2002 at nsc
FP1-May2002
FP2-Dec2003
Three times applied for EAD.
Never applied for AP since i was 245i applicant i can't leave eventhouh i have AP so inever waste money to get AP.
RFE-March04 Replied RFE-June-04.
RFE- EVL & BC for KIDS with perants name onit.
Cast transferd to chicago office July-04
Received FP for my daughter sice she turned 14 on March-04.
Intervieew on NOV-03 same time as boxer bhai and few people of this forum members had it.
U Can see my interview experience on local transfer for neberska and look for Thread says that Local transfer chicago.
In interview she asked us normal questions and created one more rfe for my B.C. since i had no original and last yaer tax return.
I sent on dec-14-2004.I just received four letters for all my family members
says that Please be advised that you have been granted permanent resident alien status as of DEC232004.THIS LETTER SHOULD NOT BE REGARDED AS PROOF OF THAT STATUS.YOU ARE BEING PRCESSED FOR AN ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD,WHICH WILL BE MAILED TO YOU AT THE ABOVE address within next 18 months.
Is that true?how long will it take to receive a plastic card.
I already take infopass appointment for Jan-11-2004.When i tried fro my wife and kids my computer didn't let me do it.
My question is do i need 4 diffrent appointment for all my family memBers?
I just want let everbody knows that this website and forum is so great.
Thanks all members of this foroum and Rajiv Khanna. :) :) :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats

During my passport stamping, the officer informed me that it is taking upto 1.5 yrs to receive the physical card. However, Some people on this forum have received their cards in three weeks.

The USCIS website indicates that you need to take seperate appointments for each applicants. Personally, I took two appointments through info pass ---one for me and the other for my wife.

Good Luck and Happy new year.

Psinha

Congrats man, my turn is coming now, interview first.

I've followed you threads and your experience. While you got "lucky with early" transfer, I see you didn't get so lucky with the interview. I'll take your experience as an advise, and will bring all possible papers I have. Then again, you never know.

I think, you need only one appointment for your whole family, and I heard than for local transfers the actual GC arrives in about 2 weeks.

Enjoy, I can only imagine what relief this is.

Taruwish - Congrats on your approval !!!

Did the Immigration officer take your and your family's photographs and fingerprints during the interview ? If that was done, then you should get a welcome letter very soon followed by the actual card. I infact got the actual plastic cards before the Infopass appointment date. Was strange though. I still went ahead with the passport stamping ( which was not needed) as I gave my EAD's and AP's during the stamping. And yes, i took two seperate Infopass appointments for the same time and day. But when you go there, they give you one token number.

For me and my wife, it was pretty quick. See my signature for details.

Congrats again and All the Best !

Hi,Boxerbhai and npnjan02
Thanks.
Yes when i had interview they took our new photos and finger print for first finger from all my family members.
i took infopass appointment yesterday for me and my wife for jan-11 then my computer didn't let me do it further.Now i can't make for jan-11 for my kids.So do i have to take another day for my kids and go again? :confused: