final step

AsKumar

Hi All,
I am struggling between doing CP vs AOS. I just got my approval for my 140. My company lawyer won't allow anyone doing CP. (I requested and they give some dumb excuses) Now the thing is with AOS at TSC stands 700+ days. I really don't want to go thru this ordeal anymore. I know if I want to do CP in Mumbai, all I need is a copy of the 140 petition, original 140 approval, and a notarized employment letter. I think I can get them because I've got the petition and the approval notice already, and the letter should be pretty rearchable by some lame excuses. Has anyone done CP in this circumstances? Any recoomendation from all the gurus out there?
A few questions in order:
1) If I mail the 824 out, will INS mail a copy of the receipt notice to the HR dept or company lawyer? Of course I won't put their name in the 824 but my 140 has their info.

2) Once I got the CP done. Assuming everything's going fine, how can i delay the time that the company would know I've done CP? I assume they will know it eventually because INS will probably send them a notice that I have withdrawn my AOS petition because in my 824 I requested my peitition to be transferred. But since it's 700+ day lead time for processing 485 right now, would I have that much lead time to work there while hoping the company won't know it at least in the first 6 months after the CP?

Thanks for all the responses in advance to all gurus, experts and experienced.. Please help!!!!

Ashok