Final Question Before I go to Toronto!

tejasn

Registered Users (C)
Thanks to everyone for your help! I think I have all the documents to get my H-1B stamped and I\'m feeling a lot better. I just had one question for those who have the knowledge to answer this.

My immediate family, parents and sister, are currently permanent residents (approved for green card...I believe it\'s I-485). I understand H-1B is temporary and has anyone been asked at the US Consulate to prove they will and when they go back to India? I was wondering if the fact my immediate family was here would affect anything. Also, would my simple answer that I want to go back to India after my H-1B expires (and I can talk about my relatives being there, etc) be sufficient or do I need a document? Just wondering becuase I was looking over my paperwork and it says you need to show some ties to the home country.

Thanks,
Tejas

H1B is dual intent...

But in the DS156 form you have to say that you will go back to your home country after H1 visa expiry. Keep it simple. Just because you have PR relatives is not at all a significant info. (may be for a tourist visa applicant). Relax and good luck.

should carry ....

H-1B is employment based visa. The alien is brought to U.S. by the employer. The employer has to say that he/she will "send the employee back to his home country if the employment is terminated before the expiry of the notice of approval" in the visa request letter you will be carrying to the consulate for your visa.