Hi Everybody,
My AOS has been finally approved and details of which are as followings;
1. WAC-01-077-*****
2. RD 01/16/2001
3. ND 01/17/2001
4. AP 02/26/2001 (no EAD)
5. FP 03/03/2001
6. AD 05/01/2001
7. PP Stamp: 05/07/2001 @ Westminster, CA (Orange County)
Type: EB2, Country: Other
Strategy: Never talked to IIO ( it so happened..) and the day I got through that ever busy phone... just to hear from IIO that.."your case
has been approved on 5/1/01 and will receive courtesy copy in 2-3 days".
(kind of disappointed that I get to talk to IIO less than a minute)

PP Stamping Experiance:
I got to INS, Westminster at about 11:30 AM and got a waiting ticket from outside counter, where lady officer asked to conform that I have following docs with me;
- Passport
- 2 ADIT photo ( I took at Cosco, @ $4.99)
- Approval letter ( I only had courtesy copy, original is still with lawyer)
I said I have all of them, then she gave me ticket and told me to go to waiting room through metal detector. I went there and waited patiently and kept my eyes in Display A for my no. to appear there. I realized that nos moved pretty fast on display A as compare to other displays. Probaby there were 12 people ahead of me and my no was called at around 12:45 and I was out of there by 1:00 PM with stamp on my PP for a year. The officer in charge asked for approval letter, 2 photos and APs, that\'s it and he said card will be mailed after 6-7 months and gave me change of address forms if I am ever to change my address before I receive GC.
SSA: Then I went to social security office to update my status, could not succeed as the system still do not show that I have PR status, I did not understand that. Lady officer said if she issued the card , it will be same as I have currently, then I told her ...not to bother about it. I came back feeling somewhat with distaste.. well I will again go back and check in couple of days.
So this is my experience so far and I am very happy to share with you guys including Ciba, who kept this extremely informative and helpful website alive, keep up the good work.
Best of luck to you all waiting for approval, looking forward to hear that good news from you as well.
``Manny

No Title

Hey i ND er meet,
Thanks, I just finished this ordeal and need some time to decide whether I really want to move to Bay area.
regards
``manny
(pls do not use my old name \'manir\', it kind of sounds odd now..)

No Title

Congratulations, Manny. Your data will be changed to reflect
the approval in tonight\'s update. Thanks for posting the
good news (we need this badly!), and enjoy your freedom.

ciba

No Title

Thanks Ciba, it sure is one hell of hard earned freedom. would you please update my record and add my entry in plastic card tracking list.thx
``manny

No Title

Hi Manny,

Your entry was updated in the latest tracking lists
posted on Tuesday (I missed adding your approval in
the Tracking Weekly the first time around, but later
corrected it!).

Also, the plastic card waiting list has included your
info. Thanks for once sharing your data.

ciba