Filling up N-400. I have speeding ticket.

VSCRD0200

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
    Help me answer these quesion.My question is concerning N-400 Application form.I don\'t know what to fill in Q15 to Q18 in http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/N-400.pdf application form.?

I have been caught speeding by cops few times and each time I have paid fine and I think I am done with until I saw this form.

Q15 - Have a ever commited a crime or offence for which you have not been arrested.

Is "speeding" a crime or offence in INS terminology ? I was NOT arrested.I was given ticket and let go.So what will be answer of this question for me ? YES/NO ?

Q16- Have you EVER been arrested,cited or detained by any law enforcement officer(including INS and military officers) for any reason ?

Any reason ? Oh..Yes but does "speedng" come under citation ? What should be my answer ? YES/NO ?

Q17 - Have you ever been charged with committing any crime or offence ?

Any crime or offence ? Again...where does "speeding" ticket fall ? Does it come under crime or offence ? Does the speeding ticket by cops mean I was charged ?

Q18 - Have you been convicted of a crime or offence ?

I think the answer will be NO assuming I have just the speeding ticket.What do you say ?

Your answer will be well appreciated.

No Title

I am in the same boat. I know speeding is a Non-Criminal Offense, is a civil violation or offense and If you take traffic school adjudication is "withheld". I know no more.

tell the truth

when dealing with the criminal issues, it is wisest to tell the truth. Obtain copies of your driving record from the places you have lived for the last several years and submit them with the application. if they are not serious enough to interfere with naturalization, it will be OK. However, if INS finds out and you do not disclose it on the application and deny it at interview, the element of "false statement with intent to obtain immigration benefits" becomes a more serious issue. It will depend on the frequency of your tickets, the severity of your tickets, and what else is in your criminal history...... If it is more that "JUST A FEW SPEEDING TICKETS," you should really consult an attorney for more accurate advice....