filling out NOL waiver online

jula258

Registered Users (C)
After I filled out forms online for NOL waiver, it generated PDF file. However, my statment of reason was only 1 page long in that PDF file even though it shold be 7 pages long. What to do? Will Dept of State read a complete statement of reason that I will send to them or they will have just one page of my incomplete statement of reason saved in their file?

They should read whatever you send them. If the pages got cut off, simply include the rest of it in your packet. There must be some glitch in the software generating your paperwork.

Thanks. Do you guys know if the Dept of State mail all my documents to a sponsor to receive a sponsor's opinion? Or they just ask them in a generic form without sending them my application with supportive documents for a waiver? Thanks

J1 Waiver - Exchange Visitor Skills List

Hi Nemu,
I am on an exchange program in Texas Austin on J1 and my program ends in another month. I am subject to the 2 year residency restriction in India under the Skills List starting from the date my exchange program gets over. I have to start the waiver process as soon as I get back. However, I do not know what are the forms that one needs to fill for the No Objection and where do I get those forms? Also, which dept. in the education ministry do I need to approach and where? Also, what should be the contents of the NOC if at all there is a standard format? I have another month here, do you suggest that I start the process here or do I go back and then start it in India?
Also, is it necessary to hire an attorney for this? As you can see, I am really clueless about how to start the process and where to get the appropriate forms for the NOC. Any help from you would be really appreciated.

Well, a simple google search for "filling J1 waiver online" would have directed you to the right page

https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/

Applying for no objection is country-specific process. Read some threads about getting it from India,

You do not provide enough info about your case to make judgment about the need for attorney. Take some time reading this forum, some basic questions will be answered and then you can make your own decision.

Hi Nemu,
Thanks for the response. But I have seen this link before. Let me try to be more clear. This link asks me to fill the "reason for no objection". I need some info on this. Also, as far as getting NOC from India is concerned, the threads in this forum tell me that I need to contact the education ministry in Delhi. I need some clarification on where do I start the process. Do I start it here at the Indian embassy in US or do I start it in India?

The link just said that it is a country specific process. I need some help on the contents of the NoC that I need to get from the Education ministry. Does the education ministry in India have a specific form that I need to fill out for the NOC or is it just a letter (assuming that I start the process in India). As far as the details of my case go, I am on an exchange program here in Texas only for a semester. I am not on any sort of funding. But the 2 yr residency restriction applies to me under the Skills list clause of INA212(E).

Any further help would be appreciated. I can give any more details if needed. I have seen the links on this forum but most of them started the process here at the Indian Embassy in US. I need some info on how do I start if at all I start it once I get back in India in a month; when the 2 yr restriction actually comes into force. Do let me know if you think it is better that I start it here itself.

Thanks again!

Maybe someone else will help you. I am not familiar with the No objection from India process. The reasons listed in no objection statement are usually depended upon each individual's situation. Many list work, family, etc. In other words, why do you need a waiver? If you want to come back and work then this is what you say in your statement.

No Idea if it's better to start the process if you know you are leaving country in one month...

I did mine while I was in status and had another year before it expired. I assume the paperwork might get lost if you begin the process here and leave the country with out keeping the US malling address.

Maybe someone else will speak on this. Attorney might be helpful in keeping track of your correspondence while you are not in the US.

Yes, I want to work here in the US...But I need info on how do I say in NoC that it would be OK even if my skills are listed in the Skills list...any idea how do I say that? Also, do u know if the NoC is just a letter or is it a form provided by the ministry in India that I need to fill...? I have started another thread on this but no one has responded...