filled wrong info in N400, Should I correct it during the interview?

viva5

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

My interview was scheduled for the next month. I just found out I filled wrong info(employment starting date) in my N400. Should I correct it during my interview or file the correction now to the USCIS.

I really don't want to delay my application. what would be the best way to do?

Thanks,

i had the same problem,i forgot to put my 1st employer...i have had more than 8 employers so i had used an additional sheet.
i disclosed this to the iv,she said its no big deal but its always important to disclose everything on iv,to be on the safer side coz u never know what might be running in ur iv's mind ;) !

viva5 said:
Hi there,

My interview was scheduled for the next month. I just found out I filled wrong info(employment starting date) in my N400. Should I correct it during my interview or file the correction now to the USCIS.

I really don't want to delay my application. what would be the best way to do?

Thanks,

The principal purpose of interview is to review the application and to make the necessary corrections.
You're OK.

Suzy977 said:
The principal purpose of interview is to review the application and to make the necessary corrections.
You're OK.
Thanks for all your replies!!

What would be the best time to tell the Interview Officer that I have incorrect info in my application? Should I tell the IO right at the beginning of the interview? or when IO go over my application at the place I have the wrong info?

Appreciate your help!

viva5 said:
Thanks for all your replies!!

What would be the best time to tell the Interview Officer that I have incorrect info in my application? Should I tell the IO right at the beginning of the interview? or when IO go over my application at the place I have the wrong info?

Appreciate your help!

Hi Viva5!

I would suggest to bring it up when he/she gets to the employment section. That is what I will do with the traffic citation I did not mention on my N-400, same with the additional 10 day trip I took after filing.

Cheers,
Legal

LegalAlien99 said:
Hi Viva5!

I would suggest to bring it up when he/she gets to the employment section. That is what I will do with the traffic citation I did not mention on my N-400, same with the additional 10 day trip I took after filing.

Cheers,
Legal

Just a thought:

If you wait until the IO gets to that chapter which need to be corrected...s/he may think (if is an oversuspicious one :eek: ) that you wanted to see if they checked that particular info and maybe you were planing not to disclose it if not necessary.

I think you should mention, at the beginning, that you have changes to make and s/he will decide when and how to approach the issue.

Suzy977 said:
Just a thought:

If you wait until the IO gets to that chapter which need to be corrected...s/he may think (if is an oversuspicious one :eek: ) that you wanted to see if they checked that particular info and maybe you were planing not to disclose it if not necessary.

I think you should mention, at the beginning, that you have changes to make and s/he will decide when and how to approach the issue.

Hey Suzy977!

A valid point. It is hard to judge. I will probably play it by ear...depending on how he/she comes across. If he/she strikes me as particularly anal, your suggestion makes sense. Ah, we will see...I do not know how to handle it myself yet for sure LMAO.

Cheers,
Legal

Suzy977 said:
Just a thought:

All good points. I can share my experience. When my interview started I said that I will need to correct something on the n-400 application. My interviewer actually said at that point that thats the whole purpose of this interview and I can mention whatever needs to be updated when we go through the application. Was no big deal, at least in my interview.

dingleberry said:
All good points. I can share my experience. When my interview started I said that I will need to correct something on the n-400 application. My interviewer actually said at that point that thats the whole purpose of this interview and I can mention whatever needs to be updated when we go through the application. Was no big deal, at least in my interview.
Thanks for sharing your interview experience! Looks like I should bring it up when the interview starts. I was worried that USCIS has already input my N400 info to their computer system. any correction could cost delay of my application. Did your interview officer corrected your info on your originally N400? or your Interviewer input your N400 corrections to their computer system?

Do anybody know whether USCIS input the N400 info to the computer system prior to the interview?
Thanks!!

I forgot to list my previous last name when i was married in my country and actually divorced there. Will there be any problem? What should i do. I never make mistakes like that :( sad..

Why are you responding to a thread that has been dormant for 7 years, to ask a question which you already asked in your new thread? Those people from 7 years ago certainly are not going to respond.