filing without W2 and Paystubs !!

140Bugger

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer did\'nt include my PayStubs and W2, while filing. Is it gonna be a problem ? Do you think, I would get an RFE.

Any thoughts !!

don\'t scare people unnecessarily.....

it all depends on the officer who is adjudicating your case....
you may or may not get a RFE.....there is no certainity......
even God cannot figure out how INS works so quit contemplating.....

take care...and relax.....

Even my lawyer did not attach my W2\'s and Pay-stub. Is that the normal process ?

Even my lawyer did not attach my W2\'s and Pay-stub, I don\'t think these documents are must!

I asked him specifically and he said no for these docs.

I asked my layer too.

I explicitly asked my lawyer about W2 and tax form too.
He said they are not needed.

Yes it is normal procedure

If you look up INS\'s website for I-485 documents, there is no W2 or paystub requirements. My lawyer didn\'t submit my W2 or paystubs either but I don\'t anticipate any RFE. Will wait and see what will happen.

RD: 6/1

JimZ

It is always better to attach W2\'s , paystubs & Tax filed documents for last 3 yrs

caz most of the RFE\'s are asking for these documents. My lawyer has asked for these documents. But if u r lucky, u may not get any RFE.
Dont worry be happy.

No, I don\'t agree

Here is the reasoning:
even though you attached W2 and paystub while filing, because I-485 takes 10-12 months to proceed, INS will still need the last 3-months paystub and you are still going to get RFE. That is, if you will get the RFE, you will get it no matter whether you attached them while filing.

My conclusin to RFE issues is it totally depends on adjudicators, if they feel your case is a little tricky, or if after doing their own research they want to make sure something, or/and they are just not willing to let you get through so easily, you will get it either way

Any comments?

JimZ

Makes perfect sense

Strictly speaking, W-2\'s, 1040\'s etc. shouldn\'t affect the AOS process at all since it\'s primarily focused on determining whether the alien is admissible into the US. I have a feeling the docs may be requested to verify the alien\'s intent to work for the petitioner upon the completion of the AOS stage.

Less chances

In my opinion, I think its less likely that you get an RFE if you submit all the documents. My lawyer always had very few RFE cases becaz he submits last three years w2\'s, tax documents & pay stubs.
He says he has less that 5% of that. But we never know guys.
I always believe that taking an extra step is always good.

Possible RFE due to un necessary docs!

In my openion if you put more than the required docs it may also raise un necessary suspicion to IIO(some curious) while they try to match/correlate various docs like W2, Paystub, Taxes etc.

I know one of my colleague kept 3 years of Pay stubs, Taxes, W2 and still got an RFE at every stage of GC. If we try to be over cautious BY PUTTING all the docs you think of it will make them (IIO)to find stupid reason rather easily for RFE.

No Title

I still think it totally depends on adjudicators who work on the cases. It is a matter of individial characteristics like: suspicious, picky, envy, like or dislike, ....

salary decrepancy

Hi g&g,
If there is a salary difference between the current salary and the current salary mentioned while filing I-485, do you see any problem. Can we defend that we took more vacation than normal?
As usual your thoughts will be helpful.
Thanks,
gcgcgcgc