Filing papers for wife visiting from India

Shak6295

Filing papers for fiance visiting from India

Hi,

My name is shakun and I will be a US citizen within 6months. I'm engaged to an Indian citizen who is visiting USA around june-july of this year. My question is:

After I get my citizenship, should I do a court marriage or something like that and file papers for her as my spouse, since she'll be already in USA? or is there anything else I should do to change her status from a tourist to my legally wedded wife?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:
Do read up on the K visa meant for fiancees of US citizens.I guess it says that the fiancee should get married within 90 days of landing in US.

His fiancée is not reached on K1 in US, he has not applied for K1by filling I-129 F for fiancée and K1 visa is stamped out of US then one needs to get married in 90 days if fiancé enters on K1. if she is on Visitor Visa in US and immediately get married while she entered on B1/b2 visa it can create problems of her intent to enter US because for B1 was visitor propose and she filled up Visitor application when she got Visa. Shak6295 need to discuss with good lawyer.