Filing of 485 and Paying Finger Printing Fee

vicsager

Registered Users (C)
Dear Immigration Gurus.........

I have done a mistake. Somehow I paid less fee for Finger Printing . I enclosed a $50 Check for FP. When I was on ImmiHelp Site I found it as $50/- so I enclosed that amont. I am on EB3....PD 02/2003 . I-40 got approved in Oct 2004. I was thinking to file 485/131/and EAD ASAP. So I filed those but I enclosed less fee for Finger printing...I paid all correct filing fee for EAD/AP/485.
Do you think Service Center will return all my documents...
Did any one has fased the same situation before.
I am in shock..
Need your suggesation.
Vivek Sager... :mad:

vicsager said:
Dear Immigration Gurus.........

I have done a mistake. Somehow I paid less fee for Finger Printing . I enclosed a $50 Check for FP. When I was on ImmiHelp Site I found it as $50/-
---first write to that site that they should update the info so that others dont make mistake in correct fees
so I enclosed that amont. I am on EB3....PD 02/2003 . I-40 got approved in Oct 2004. I was thinking to file 485/131/and EAD ASAP. So I filed those but I enclosed less fee for Finger printing...I paid all correct filing fee for EAD/AP/485.
Do you think Service Center will return all my documents...
------ it is USCIS but I feel they will accept I-485 and EAD AP pakage and will send letter for the remaining FP fees. once your Check is Cashed it means they have accepted the I-485.
----------------when did you send the pakage? service center?
Did any one has fased the same situation before.
I am in shock..
Shati Shanti !! Kush Vivek say bhi kaam liya karooooooooo
Need your suggesation.
Vivek Sager... :mad:

I sent out my AOS/EAD/AP application to VSC and it reached VCS on 12/13/04 then I was surfing on diff sites to see if I missed anything...
Do you think Service Center will reject all my
application...??
Because of this EB3 Retrogression I am worried.
Now I have two alternatives....please let me know by your experience which one I should follow to be safe.

1. Should I wait to return/reject all my application based on lack of filing Fee and then I should re-file AOS/EAD/AP again??
2. To avoid this Retrogression , can I file again with accurate fee and all the required documents again knowing that INS has not rejected my previous application based my lack of finger printing fee??
If I go for 2nd option please let me know if INS can punish me for that.
I really will appreciate your insight to correct this error.
Thanks in adv
Vic Sager

We faced similar situation, but on the dependent FP Fees. It was a mistake of VSC that even though they have encashed the check, they kept the case in suspense.

Since those checks were my personal checks , I could verify as follows

a. Once the check is cleared , on the back of the check you will see receipt no.
b. you can enter the receipt no in the case staus check web tool from (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp)

here we found that they said the following

We have determined that there was an insufficient payment for the fingerprint fee for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. On XXXXXX we sent you a notice of this, with an opportunity to submit the fee. Your case is being held in suspense until we receive your fingerprint fee. For more information, please refer to the notice we mailed you. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

This tells me that they accept the application but will keep it in suspense till you clear it.
But the correction of the info is a big pain, always you have to wait for couple of weeks.

In our case we have never received the receipt for this.But we got all other approvals like EAD and AP.

Your attorney shall be able to call and convey this after 14 days.

All the best.

Next time do not surf on any website that has immigration forms. Just surf only www.uscis.gov for forms. That's official website of immigration.

If you need help, you can use www.immihelp.com or any other website, but make sure to understand what you are doing and know how to do without any lawyer's help.