Filing I485 before I140 approval

Hi

I had a question about concurrent filing. I have already filed my
I140 at VSC. Can I now file my I485 or do I have to wait till I140 approval. Can I file my I485 now under the concurrent filing provisions ?

Thanks.

Venkatesh,

You can concurrently file for I-485 etc with the I-140 receipt, if you filed for I-140 before July 31 2002.

sachint

No restriction !!

VA and Vekatesh,

There is NO such restriction that you must had your I-140 filed before July 31st. One can use the I-140 reciept any time and file for I-485 and other stuff. I have couple friends who applied so from CSC, after July 31st, because they were not prepared w/ paper work for I-485 and they don't want to delay their I-140 (Remeber, in CSC one could get I-140 approvals as little as 6 weeks time in some cases).

Bottom line, NO Restriction on when one applied for I-140 to apply subsequent AOS. As long as you got the recpt, you can go for it.

Good Luck,
Sanga.

receipt for 140

Hi,
I have one interesting point to add.
I have seen that many guys are receiving their 140 receipts within reasonable time of 2 weeks.
But there are also guys like me where, the INS, unfortunately, decided not to send any receipt. I filed my I140 on oct 8th and no recepit yet. But the interesting part is INS has cashed the check we sent for I140, but no receipt.
So my lawyer sent the I485 packed with the postal receipt (no tthe official INS receipt) and the proof that INS cashed in the check. This was done on 11/13 more than 5 weeks after we filed I140.
My lawyer, when asked also told me that it was ok to do that. He added that VSC was notorious in sending receipts and he was aware of several cases without receipts.
I did read some cases in the message board about not having received any receipt.

I haven't received 140/485 recepit even to this date.
Eventhough I am not very comfortable with what my lawyer did, he is supposed to be competitive and he knows more than me, so I let him do what he said is good. Lets see if I face any problems because of this as I don't know anyone who did this.

Have fun.

Concurrent filing and AC21

Hi

If we file I140 and I485 concurrently, does AC21 kick in 180 days after I485 receipt date or 180 days after the I140 gets approved ?

Thanks.