Filing I-485 w/o I-140 receipt !!!

sib_gm

Registered Users (C)
Guys can somebody put some of thoughts on my questions:

1. Does USCIS issue I-140 receipt only to lawyer in case of EB1-OR filing or the candidate gets a receipt copy in parallel ?
2. Can I file I-485 without I-140 receipt copy to USCIS ?

Thanks

I concurrently filed in EB1-OR category and received receipt notices for all applications except I140. It appears that USCIS send I140 notice to the attorney only.

Guys can somebody put some of thoughts on my questions:

1. Does USCIS issue I-140 receipt only to lawyer in case of EB1-OR filing or the candidate gets a receipt copy in parallel ?
2. Can I file I-485 without I-140 receipt copy to USCIS ?

Thanks

If you have used attorney, yes your I-140 receipt goes to attorney.

Normally you need a copy I-140 receipt to file I-485. But I read somewhere (search thro this forum) that you can place a white sheet on top of your application and mark clearly when/where did u file your I-140, category, name and other details.

Good luck

Your attorney will receive the receipts. Because EB-OR is not self petition, you will not receive it.

Thanks guys, my lawyer/company refuses to provide me I-140 receipt copy. Is it possible to get it from USCIS by sending G-639 while I-140 is pending ? Any thoughts !!

My understanding was that you could apply 485 by placing a white sheet instead of the 140 recipt only during the july visa bulletin fiasco...that was because USCIS could not issue 140 recipts in time and therefore made this accomodation.

Thanks madmonkey: do you think they will still acknowledge my I-485 w/o I-140 receipt even though I do not fall under July fiasco. If not, is it possible to get it from USCIS under FOIA by sending G-639 !!