Filing for parents Green Card - Letter from USCIS - Interview

so_ab

Registered Users (C)
All - I am in the process of filing Green Card for my parents; Parents are over 65 years of age; They have got the EAD; They received a letter from USCIS for an Interview for the 485 (Adjustment of Status).. It also says Interview may be video-taped.

The letter adds to say - if the spouse if in the USA bring spouse's passport, copies of lease-rental-purchase, bank account statement, income tax returns, W-2 forms, Insurance policies, birth certificates of children from spouse, sworn affidavits from parents/ family members for marriage, photos of you & spouse together taken over a period of time.

Questions...
1. Is this typical?
2. I (as a citizen) am filing for Green card for my parents, but USCIS is asking to bring documents presuming my mother is filing through a marriage...(atleast that's my interpretation)
3. If these 2 are valid - what kinds of questions does the USCIS ask?

Can anyone share some experiences?

Thanks in advance
so_ab

Did you fill out the relationship wrong on the form? What does it say on the I-130 receipt? This sounds like a petition for a spouse. For parents, whether the relationship exists or not is pretty much indisputable and doesn't depend on this kind of evidence.

On the

Case type - it says - I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative;
Preference classification - it says - 201B INA Parent of USC
=

Did you fill out the relationship wrong on the form? What does it say on the I-130 receipt? This sounds like a petition for a spouse. For parents, whether the relationship exists or not is pretty much indisputable and doesn't depend on this kind of evidence.

Hi so_ab,

Any update on the interview? My parents got a similar letter and I'm extremely worried. Any update would be appreciated so much!

My parents had an issue with the fingerprinting... We went twice... We were told that since twice finger printing didn't work both times, they wanted to do the in person interview... Our case was very straightforward. We laid out all the facts, stood by every entry in the form. I believe the Officer felt convinced, thanked us for coming & said paperwork is moving on... Overall very straightforward.... Waiting to hear on next steps...

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it! We've only had one fingerprint appointment, wondering what the issue is for us. Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.