Filing AFTER 1 year

BetterWorld

Registered Users (C)
I see its different process for people who files after one year.

Anybody who filed after one year, Please share your experiences and timeline.Thanks!

I see its different process for people who files after one year.

Anybody who filed after one year, Please share your experiences and timeline.Thanks!
If you do not provide good
1) change of circumstance
2) Extenuating conditions

You'll be referred to court by the AO. The judge will consider you only for witholding of removal

If you do not provide good
1) change of circumstance
2) Extenuating conditions

You'll be referred to court by the AO. The judge will consider you only for witholding of removal
I was under impression that AO would not consider at all such cases and straight refer to court but here i see couple of guys were approved at interview when they filed after 1 year ...

I know a close friend applied after two years in Texas, he got his interview after 3 years from application, and got approved after 3 months from the interview. He was approved by the AO and never refereed to court. I think he was under the "Extraordinary Circumstances" excuse since he was still in student status when he applied for asylum. I advice you to read a lot about the exceptions for the one year rule, there are many resources online, you need to spent a lot of time researching that.