filign I140 using Labor substitution - Please help

man123

Registered Users (C)
I work for company A and company B wants to hire me and offered to file I140 using labor substitution.

I have checked and found that the job description on the labor is exactly same as mine. My concerns are:

- The labor is dated 09/2001. Would that be an issue?
I am concerned that the labor may be old? Also it is Non-RIR.

- Any issues that I may encounter if I file I140 and I485 concurrently.

Please reply.

Originally posted by man123
I work for company A and company B wants to hire me and offered to file I140 using labor substitution.

I have checked and found that the job description on the labor is exactly same as mine. My concerns are:

- The labor is dated 09/2001. Would that be an issue?
I am concerned that the labor may be old? Also it is Non-RIR.

- Any issues that I may encounter if I file I140 and I485 concurrently.

Please reply.

Your job exp and educational evaluation must match with the approved LC on date when it was filed.

LC is valid forever - you may use it without any problem.

Issues are bit tricky - if everything matches then I do not see any issue. But you must get a good lawyer - most of the LC subst are unique in their own way.

I have all the skills that are specified on the Labor certificate.
But I also have a lot more than that. You may say I am over qualified. Could that be an issue?

To answer your questions:

>> You may say I am over qualified. Could that be an issue?

I think that should not be a problem. As far as you have what is specified in the Sub Labor you should be ok.

Labor works based on categories. If 2 or more of your skills fall in a specified category it is fine. You may have many other skills from all other categories. What they are interested is any 2-3 skills from 1/2 categories. That is all...

More is good, less is a problem...

Thanks

Please check credentials of company B

There are companies around, who will promise many things if you have project.

Make sure:

1. They have shown you the original labor
2. They will file your H1B and I-140/I485 on the same day. - else once you have joined, they will keep on dragging.
3. If possible, check out with their existing employees - their reputation - attitude etc.
4. Make sure that, they will continue GC processing even if you loose your project.

These are just guide lines - don't hurry and make a decision which you may repent later. GC can be used as a carrot.

And I sure you are being offered this thing from a contracting company - and not a professionally run company - which means no rules apply to them...

My 2 cents..