filed N400 from PA;recieved GC from NewJersey

need_peace

Registered Users (C)
Hello any experienced gurus,
  • I received my Greencard through my husband's employment in August,2008 while I lived in NJ
  • I moved to PA in August,2011 with my employment reasons.
  • I did not file AR-11 for a change of address for my GC as I was not aware of it.
  • I filed N-400 last week with my current PA address.

my questions are :

As per my understanding, my Greencard file\case is in Newark,NJ district office while my Biometrics for N400 will go to Philadelphia,PA office.

Will my file\case be physically moved from NJ to PA district office for the citizenship interview. What happens in my case.

Will this cause any issue ? Will filing an AR-11 with my PA address help me at this point.

thanks

Why you say your file is in USCIS district office. You may have done the interview for your green card at NJ but the information regarding your green card will be in the central USCIC system. Any district office including Philly should be able to access it.

I think it would be ok to file AR-11 online, take a print out and keep it for your records.

File AR-11 online!

Thanks !!

will file AR-11 with my new address.

I have a question :

during interview I heard that the Officer comes in with our file(I am guessing that will be the AR file with our Greencard documentation etc) which I think my stuff is in NJ office while my n400 Biometrics will go to Philly office, I hope this will not slow down my process.. I am paranoid and thinking to the minutest detail :confused:

Can u please share your interviewing experience in detail after you walk in until the end

The officer will have your immigration records sent to him/her by the USCIS central office and it's called "A file" (alien file). I don't think you have to wrry about that unless I'm misunderstanding the issue.

Since you have posted your question for Rajiv Khanna at http://forums.immigration.com/showt...Sept-26-Conference-Call&p=2649111#post2649111

You may want to make sure that you are asking the right question that truly describes your situation.

I may be missing something but if your green card was approved because you were living in NJ and has in an interview in NJ. That doesn't mean you need to apply for citizenship (N-400) also in NJ unless you have been living in NJ for 90 days prior to mailing in your N-400 application.

You need to be living the district (in your case Philly) or state (PA) for 90 days for the philly district to receive your file from the lockbox.

Read here for details on 90 days rule: http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartD-Chapter6.html

If you have any confusion over this, ask here and I'm sure someone will chime in. Good luck