Filed n-600 for minor children 01/2022 - no response

TinTin619

I am new here and at this point quite anxious. My husband, their stepdad, petitioned my children‘s I-130 in 2021 using the direct consular filing route while stationed abroad. I, their biological mother, received my US citizenship under expedited conditions in 2020 (under 319 (b)). We started living overseas in 2019 and waited for their biological father to agree to the I-130 filing, hence it tool a lot longer than my petition.

So much for the background.

As I am a US citizen living under my husbands orders overseas, the kids received their citizenship as a derivate of mine upon activation of their LPR status. Under the child’s citizenship act of 2000 (INA 320 1431 (a) and (b) the kids both received their US passport soon after. Due to my husbands job, we returned to our overseas location after activation.

I filed for their n-600 application in January 2022 and have yet to hear back anything beyond the letter of receipt. No biometrics appointment, no interview so far. As we have waited for more than 14 months at this point, I am anxious. So many here received a much faster turn-around? Do I worry needlessly?

Why is our application taking so long? and is there anything we can do?