Filed May '05 - Still waiting

filed on 5/24 - still 'in process'

filed on 5/24 - still 'in process'.
Attorney doesn't seem to be of much help in following up with DOL.

Any advice from the gurus would help...

Somebody in the other thread was suggesting to write to local senator about the out of sequence approvals in PERM. I am not sure how good a approach is this? But definitely DOL is not supposed to break the sequence and approve in any sequence they want. They need to follow a FIFO queue. But you cannot argue that, in which case BEC cases should be approved first before processing PERM cases. So, we have to just take it as our fate and wait for the day if at all one is awaiting for us. Otherwise, we can always depend on our hardwork like we always do and stop looking for easylife that may come with GC or EAD.

Exactly. But you are working for a company and company trusts an attorney. DOL came up some policy on multiple filings and I thought we will have some result based on that policy after Aug 31st, but this AILA spoiled that hope also. DOL's position is still unclear even now on multiple filings. I am not sure why DOL is taking so much time with cases as old as April.
(1) Are they not sure what to do with multiple filings so just keeping them pending or
(2) Are all those cases so complicated that even after all the bug fixes, our cases are not going through the decision matrix OR
(3) Once after our cases moved to FR on June 24th may be DOL did not find enough personnel to be assigned as CO to clear the cases. OR
(4) Our cases have been frozen and missing do not come up in their search and they do not even know that these cases are pending.

uticket said:
Why those lawyers are so considerate to DOL?

Filled on June 29, 05(EB2, Atlanta),In process & No response from DOL

Hi,

My PERM case was filled at Atlanta Processing Center on June 29, 05 under EB2 Category ( M.S + 2 year experience). It has gone through Audit Review and then to "In Process" with no update as of today. :(

My lawyer said he contacted DOL for my case as it has passed 60 days but have not heard from them so far. :mad:

Gurus, your suggestions on how to proceed from here will be greatly apprecieted to me and many other with same situations. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

PermPermPerm said:
I applied on May 24th. It was immediately denied. Then reapplied on May 27th. Stayed in Audit review status till Rerun. After that both cases changed to Final Review. And then changed to In Process. I think that having more than one application in the system keeps it pending. I asked my attorney to withdraw the first application but he has not done yet.

Do you guys have more than one application in the system like me? I am trying to understand if my assumption about multiple applications is true or not. Thanks

when you say more than one case in the system?do u mean more than
one perm cases or any kind of labor case???

Please let us know

Any updates - May/June filers

Anybody waiting got any updates.. I am still waiting. My lawyer said they will contact DOL about the case..(donno why they waited so long..). But anyway it is just going to be a loooong wait.. :( :( :( :mad:

May be your lawyer wanted to wait till the numbers retrogress so that you don't get to next stage and then follow up with DOL. Same here, filed in June still Inprocess and now I stopped bugging about it as there is no big use.

Anjey said:
One question:

Did you - or did you NOT keep your priority date?
(1st question in PERM application)

Because if you did - then your case is being converted and it may take ages to process.

Therefore I am adding another question here:

DID you answer YES or NO in the 1st question box?
Hi Anjey:
I didn't get what did you want to say by YES means -- like
I applied PERM May/'05, which is actually converted PrePERM filed on Dec/'04 and wanted to get PD, still waiting.......I had the following:

My PERM is applied in MAY/'05, and according to my lawyer -- it was first denied saying the requirement that 30-day Job-ad ran 29 days, lawyer responded DOL that it actually ran 30 days, after that the status changed to "Audit Review" and then "IN Process", and still now it is "IN Process" even after more than 4 and half months!.

Does anybody have any such experience OR knowledge like this ....
I would appreciate any response.

Thanks in advance

gsn said:
Anybody waiting got any updates.. I am still waiting. My lawyer said they will contact DOL about the case..(donno why they waited so long..). But anyway it is just going to be a loooong wait.. :( :( :( :mad:

No news about my case either. I have also asked my attorney to stop working on it, as it is pointless. My lawyer did email DOL and the certifying officer about my case but there has been no response.