Filed Labor Certificate and I-140 in Vermont Service Center, but will file I-485 in California Servi

CBB

Registered Users (C)
Hi,Everybody:

Due to my employer\'s headquarter being in New Jersey (I believe), I can file my I-485 either in Vermont Service Center or in California Service Center. Prior to this, my labor certificate and I-140 were all approved in VSC. My attorney is inclined toward filing my I-485 in VSC. But since VSC is terribley slow right now - processing cases with receipt date of September 2001 so far. I would personally prefer in California. But I am also concerned if there are any problems with this. My attorney is concerned with the necessary file transfer between Vermont and California Service Center.

If you have similar experience or have knowledge of what is the best to do in this situation, please, please let me know. Thanks!!!!

No problem.

Actually if you lie in CA, you should file it in CSC not VSC. I did the same thing, so far I got AP, EAD approval and FP w/o problem.

Should no problem.

I am in the same situation. Both CSC IIO and VSC IIO told me I should file I485 to CSC. And at least 2 lawyer told me I should file to CSC. My lawyer send my package out to CSC couple days ago. We should be OK. God is with us!

Will such a switch cause us to receive the I-485 approval later than the others?

Hi, i140waiter2000 and Fufu:

Thanks very much for your response. Do you think that our switch from VSC to CSC will cuase us to receive the I-485 approval later than the other people who file at the same time as we do but do not have such a switch. Fufu, could you please let me know when your I-485 mailing date, receipt date, notice date and FP date? Thanks!

Here\'s my info.

485 filed in early April, got EAD&AP approval sometime June. Received FP at July 11th, scheduled for 8/31, but done @7/28. Waiting for GC approval. So far, from my experience, I didn\'t see any delay.

Hope this help.

No Title

I believe there is an INS regulation that you must file to the service center approving your I-140 for employment based applications. If you request I-485 package from INS directly, on the cover page there is such a rule (effective November 29, 1996). Many attorneys, for some reasons, do not know the rule though.

Could you please clarify this INS regulation??

Hi, Hopeful0820:

Thanks for the input. But what does this regulation mean? Does this mean that I should file in VSC since my I-140 was filed and approved in VSC? FYI, I live in California.

Thanks!

Could you please tell me the phone number of VSC IIO to call?

Hi, I140waiter2000:

Could you please tell me the phone number of VSC IIO to call? Thanks!

it is in your I140 receipty notice. Should be in I140 approved notice too.

The number is (802)527-4913. Please share the information here if you talk to VSC IIO. Good Lucky!