Filed K-1 for my wife

bholabhala

Registered Users (C)
So here is the deal. I performed Nikah (Islamic Marriage), while in Pakistan and after returning to USA (while she was in Pakistan) i filed I-129F petition for her. The petition was approved, and she got K-1. Now she is in USA and have a conditional green card.

I made a mistake of filing K-1 instead of K-3 for spouse and showed USCIS that this was an engagement, while it was an actual Nikah. We are going through annulment, since i found out that her true intentions were nothing but to get to USA and after receiving her conditional GC, she left me.

Now the annulment case is in court for fraud. I made mistake, when i filed K-1 and said that she is my fiance'e and never told them, its actually a Nikah. Would this cause any problems for me? Like USCIS hunt me down and put me in jail or something for filing the wrong type of petition? She will bring this point up in the court that i am the one who filed I-129F, when she was actually supposed to be on a K-3 visa and not K-1

Any help? I dont want to get my rear in trouble over this one.

I am confused. You mistakenly applied for the wrong visa or did you hide a material fact (by choice) that you were actually married?

I made mistake, when i filed K-1 and said that she is my fiance'e and never told them, its actually a Nikah. Would this cause any problems for me?