Filed July 09 - Received US Citizenship. End to End took 82 Days...

Oakhill

Registered Users (C)
Quite a wait on the DO office but at the end all is good. Did the very first step of Citizenship.....registered to Vote.

Next Stop - SSN & Apply for passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, Congrats!

I think Obama did something with USCIS besides redesigned website, cuz some other applications are also processed unusually fast last couple of weeks

Congrats!

wow...that was really fast congrats

Congratulations!!:)

Appreciate your wishes.

WOW, congrats, amazing speed.

USCIS must be getting this process down pretty slick. :)

wow, Congrats!

I think Obama did something with USCIS besides redesigned website, cuz some other applications are also processed unusually fast last couple of weeks

Appreciate your wishes. Since VA is geared up for their next Governor election which is scheduled for November 3, 2009 things might have been expedited to clear more N-400 before the election.

This is what had happend....

Could you share your experience in Fairfax DO?

congrats !! can you share ur interview exp in fairfax ? I think you crossed 5yrs anniversay ....

Congratulations! One question: could you do the oath the same day as the interview?

Here is my insight on the interview process,

Our interview was scheduled for Sept 21st 10:20 AM. As I read through prior interview experiences in this forum that folks had walked out of the interview in 20 mins and we expected a quick turnaround but it was not true on our case. We had to wait almost 3 hours (2 and half hours for myself and 3 hours for my wife) before being called by the officer.

But the interview process itself was pleasant and quick. Took oath to answer “True” during the interview. The officer quickly went through my file and confirmed my name, address, job and the job title. Asked about the citation and confirmed these are moving violation and settled outside the court (Had specified two violations (paid $40 a piece) on the N-400.

No other documents were asked.

Then the actual interview process, (1) which state has the largest population? I answered. Then, she wanted me to write “California has the most people”. The officer marked her sheet with my answers. Next came the 6 questions,

1) Why did the colonists fight the British?
2) During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?
3) What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
4) Who is in charge of the executive branch?
5) If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
6) There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote.

Nailed them all.

Congratulations were in order!!! The officer said that she is recommending me for the citizenship.

The officer verified the 5 year duration from the GC (On the interview day we were 5 yrs and 1 day from the green card). The officer inquired that will I be able to take the Oath the same day and I said yes.

When I came out, to my surprise, I saw my wife still waiting to be called. FINALLY, the officer came to call my wife in. It was quick and she had nailed it too.

The only thing was we were given two different timeslots for the Oath ceremony. 2:00 pm for myself and 4:15 from my wife. Now we had waited even longer. But to take the positive out, given that its two timeslots were able to take pictures of each others Oath ceremony. Took the pledge and was pronounced to be “US Citizen”.

YES!!! YOU COULD CARRY CAMERA / CAMCORDER WITH YOU TO FILM THE CERMONY.

By the time when everything said and done it was 5:30 pm.

Best wishes for the all of you who are waiting for the interview!!!!

Regards!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my insight on the interview process,

Our interview was scheduled for Sept 21st 10:20 AM. As I read through prior interview experiences in this forum that folks had walked out of the interview in 20 mins and we expected a quick turnaround but it was not true on our case. We had to wait almost 3 hours (2 and half hours for myself and 3 hours for my wife) before being called by the officer.

But the interview process itself was pleasant and quick. Took oath to answer “True” during the interview. The officer quickly went through my file and confirmed my name, address, job and the job title. Asked about the citation and confirmed these are moving violation and settled outside the court (Had specified two violations (paid $40 a piece) on the N-400.

No other documents were asked.

Then the actual interview process, (1) which state has the largest population? I answered. Then, she wanted me to write “California has the most people”. The officer marked her sheet with my answers. Next came the 6 questions,

1) Why did the colonists fight the British?
2) During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?
3) What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
4) Who is in charge of the executive branch?
5) If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
6) There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote.

Nailed them all.

Congratulations were in order!!! The officer said that she is recommending me for the citizenship.

The officer verified the 5 year duration from the GC (On the interview day we were 5 yrs and 1 day from the green card). The officer inquired that will I be able to take the Oath the same day and I said yes.

When I came out, to my surprise, I saw my wife still waiting to be called. FINALLY, the officer came to call my wife in. It was quick and she had nailed it too.

The only thing was we were given two different timeslots for the Oath ceremony. 2:00 pm for myself and 4:15 from my wife. Now we had waited even longer. But to take the positive out, given that its two timeslots were able to take pictures of each others Oath ceremony. Took the pledge and was pronounced to be “US Citizen”.

YES!!! YOU COULD CARRY CAMERA / CAMCORDER WITH YOU TO FILM THE CERMONY.

By the time when everything said and done it was 5:30 pm.

Best wishes for the all of you who are waiting for the interview!!!!

Regards!!!

Thank you!

Fairfax has really come a long way, getting a citizenship in 82 days? I knew Obama was born in a manger, but didn't know the USCIS people were the witnesses too...:) I am impressed by the high level of quality service being performed there, Mount Laurel, NJ has been superior..:D. As for the rest f DO's, get in shape before we replace you with Fairfax and Mount Laurel kind of people...:D I hope they process all N400 applications, Northern VA need to vote overwhelmingly to elect Deeds...:D