Filed for I140 Premium Processing - got an RFE! Have a very urgent question

10dulkar

Registered Users (C)
hey guys

i just tracked my I140 status online, and it says that the current status of my I140 is: 'We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.'

I have not yet received the notice but am just trying to figure out all my options and i have a quick question:

I have an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB). Do you know if that is considered a Masters? i have one equivalency certificate which certifies that as a degree equal to a Master's from US, but I just want to confirm that, it is indeed the case.

I would really really appreciate a quick answer from someone, as my H1B is also expiring soon.

Thanks a ton!!!

Check with your lawyer

for Premium processing cases, USCIS faxs RFE document to lawyer..check with your lawyer..he should have received letter regarding the same

nope - i spoke to my lawyer and he hasnt received any fax. well hopefully, he will receive the letter soon.

thanks for looking and answering!

Hi

Here is what my RFE says:

"At the time of filing Form 1-140, the petitioner submitted a copy of the beneficiary's Bachelor of Commerce Degree (3 years) and a copy of a Post Graduate Degree (2 years). The 3 years bachelor degree and the 2 year Post Graduate Degree equates to a Bachelor's Degree in the US.
Please submit evidence that the alien obtained the required 6 years experience in the job offered before August 15, 2006."

I am surprised about 2 things:
1. How come they combined my degrees?
2. Why are they asking for 6 years work experience?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

In US Bachelors degree is usually 4 years. I do hope you have done a foreign degree credit evaluation that can be used for the immigration purposes and is accepted by the USCIS.
If your credit evaluation report says you degrees are equivalant to the uS masters/ bachelore as per your mentioned qualification for the labor application you can use that.
I guess the experience - it may be depending on your ad application or the usual criteria for EB2 application.
I had an RFE for my premium processing I-140.Faxed the required documents,got approved the next day.
Best wishes

thanks for the wishes, Kanke!

i am wondering what to do, and here are 2 options i have:

1. I have worked for a Big4 Accounting firm for about 3 years in India - does that count? Will they consider that while counting my 6yrs work experience?

2. I did submit an evaluation which shows that my b.com is equal to bachelors and my mba is equal to a masters, but looks like they didnt really consider that...can i now submit a fresh evaluation done by Sheila Danzig which is a lot more detailed and can show that my mba is really equal to a masters?

anyone reading this - please chime in with your thoughts...

and thanks for reading!

3-->4

thanks for the wishes, Kanke!

i am wondering what to do, and here are 2 options i have:

1. I have worked for a Big4 Accounting firm for about 3 years in India - does that count? Will they consider that while counting my 6yrs work experience?

2. I did submit an evaluation which shows that my b.com is equal to bachelors and my mba is equal to a masters, but looks like they didnt really consider that...can i now submit a fresh evaluation done by Sheila Danzig which is a lot more detailed and can show that my mba is really equal to a masters?

anyone reading this - please chime in with your thoughts...

and thanks for reading!

I would be happy to review your documents. Some times a simple Masters=Masers works. It depends on your labor certificate and what the query from USCIS says. We have set up a website at www.cciFree.com for this purpose. It is a short form and there is no charge or obligation.

Have a very quick question - if I have received an RFE, and i know of another person who has also received an RFE but for a different situation, can I refer to his RFE while responding to mine.

For example: In my case they have combined my b.com and masters and said it is = to a Bachelors from the US. For another person, they have taken his b.com and said it is equal to a bachelors from the US. Can I attach his RFE and say - 'based on this approval can you approve mine'?

Thanks!

RFE's are not binding

Have a very quick question - if I have received an RFE, and i know of another person who has also received an RFE but for a different situation, can I refer to his RFE while responding to mine.

For example: In my case they have combined my b.com and masters and said it is = to a Bachelors from the US. For another person, they have taken his b.com and said it is equal to a bachelors from the US. Can I attach his RFE and say - 'based on this approval can you approve mine'?

Thanks!
RFE's, approvals, denials, statements by USCIS, etc., are not binding nor prescedent setting. Neither are lower court decisions, which is why USCIS has said they will ignore the Grace Methodist Church case. However, this cannot stop your lawyer from citing any of these in a brief to help make your case.