Filed 485 when 140 apporved for CP. Please help..

BP

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I-140 was approved for CP. But I filed 485 on Oct10th. And today when I spoke with the NVC representative, she told that packet was sent to Chennai on Oct15 and she suggested me to call INS Vermont and update them.
Should I call VSC and talk to them about this ? Or will they get my documents automatically from chennai without my explicit update ?
Will they have any clue on what I was talking about ? Because I just filed my 485.
Experienced gurus, please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
BP

I filed my 485 too in VSC on Oct 5th

I filed my 485(AOS) too in VSC on Oct 5th. I had my 140 approved in August end wint CP. What is the number u call to find out about ur case at NVC ?
Thx.

In case you want to officially

notify VSC, use form I824 to do it.....
I had a similar situation and VSC told me to fill out 824 requesting to
bring file back from India....

In any case, it will be okay because INS will ask for your file by default
when they start processing your case....You might see some delays though
if I-824 is not filed.....

No Title

Hi aln,

It\'s NVC number that will be there on your 140 approval. It is 603-334-0700 and choose options 2,2,3,1,1,1 and then enter your eac number excluding the letters \'eac\'

Thanks

Question for fresh and reply for govinda

Govinda, I did not fill packet 3. After my 140 is approved, I just filled all the normal 485 forms and then filed my 485. In fact I was yet to receive my packet 3 which now I am gonna ignore it anyways, as I filed my 485 already.

Hi fresh, when I spoke to IIO today at VSC, I specifically asked after seeing ur post, if I have to file 824 for this, and she said I don\'t need to. She said when the officer starts working on my case,
he/she will see that it was sent to NVC, so they will request it from embassy.
So U did file 824 for this, and when did U do that ?? and can U please explain it in detail.

Thanks
BP

BP - a FYI

They ususally don\'t send your file to the consulate(Chennai) until you have filed the Packet 3. To ensure that the info. provided by NVC representative is true, try calling the NVC AVM and check the status of your case?? Let us know what it says??

Good Luck

INS will automatically retrieve the file from NVC

Checked with my attorney - once INS receives your AOS, they automatically retrieve the file from NVC. No special procedures to follow. In the past my attorney has experienced no delays with such cases.

Hope this helps.

Question to BP

BP,

I think I am also in the same boat, I just checked NVC voice system in the morning and it says my file has been sent to embassy CHENNAI on Sept 17th and I filed my 485 on Oct 5th. Should I inform INS with 824 or give me any info if u have.

Thanks
Sunny

Hi Guys...pl. helpp

what happened to all the I-140 CP cases...?

I wish to hear from you all are approved?