File transferred to San Jose!

GC_1881

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody knows how long time it takes to get an interview in San Jose? My file was transferred on September 7th.

thanks in advance

It took them only a week to schedule my appointment, which was 3 weeks after that, so less than a month from transfer to interview. Look up my case in transfers subforum.
gc_1881 - jimmypark probably wanted to know what was the reason for interview; they transfer some cases without apparent reason (QA), but most are transferred because the papers that IIO in CSC are suspicious, there was something on the record or in the background check which won't be explained by a simple RFE; that's why they ask you to go to interview. Lucky you, you got SJ. It could've been SFO - SFO is a black hole, swallowing applicants' papers, giving nothing back.

ruxrux, thanks for the info.

I think that I was transferred because of my country of origin. It is a part of the special registration countries.

Do you know how they decide where to transfer the case to, is it by county, or purely random?
I'm in Alameda, so I guess if they do transfer my case it would be to SF, right?
:-O
t3k

Honestly I don't know for sure but I don't think that it only depends on the country of origin. One of my friend does not come from a "special registration country" but he got an interview too.

I heard from some folks that the INS try to have 10-15% of the filers to have an interview. True or not I don't know.

Concerning your geographical area, I am not sure either. Maybe somebody from your area can help. I hope that you will hear something soon from the INS about your file.

GL

GC_1881 said:
I heard from some folks that the INS try to have 10-15% of the filers to have an interview. True or not I don't know.

Not that lawyers are always correct, but mine (big immigration law firm) told me that around 3% of cases are randomly referred for interview, but these days they really do try and adjudicate at the service centers because referrals actually take up more time and resources. There are many specific reasons for interview: SR country, recent marriage - where new spouse is added as derivative, arrest record, a hit in any security database, inconsistency between what you said on your application forms and what they know to be true or have found out, status gaps (usually only interviewed if invoking 245(i) or 245(k), otherwise handled by RFE), angry adjudicator who just went through a messy divorce, etc., etc...

I think there is an area on the USCIS web site where you can look at what office covers your particular county. It is county of residence that determines which office interviews are referred to.

wik said:
... inconsistency between what you said on your application forms and what they know to be true or have found out ...

You bet!!!! Guys, don't forget reserve army service.