File pending after interview. Told to wait 60 days before inquiring.

N111

Hi everybody,
had our interview today (GC based on marriage)..the officer said that we did ok but gave us a notice that the file is being reviewed and we can inquire about the status of the case in 60 days..had anybody heard of anything like this? oh and she mentioned that they really should put 90 days on that notice and that sha is really backed up with her paperwork..while we have been waiting to be called for the interview my husband went to the clerk to ask what is taking so long (3 hours) and been told that our officer is "kind new and probably being a little slow"... did anybody have this kind of experience and should we be concerned?
oh and I asked if the background check was completed and came back and she said she thinks it's ok..so go figure..:)
Thanks,
Tanya

Last edited by a moderator:
Your marriage

Hi everybody,
had our interview today (GC based on marriage)..the officer said that we did ok but gave us a notice that the file is being reviewed and we can inquire about the status of the case in 60 days..had anybody heard of anything like this? oh and she mentioned that they really should put 90 days on that notice and that sha is really backed up with her paperwork..while we have been waiting to be called for the interview my husband went to the clerk to ask what is taking so long (3 hours) and been told that our officer is "kind new and probably being a little slow"... did anybody have this kind of experience and should we be concerned?
oh and I asked if the background check was completed and came back and she said she thinks it's ok..so go figure..:)
Thanks,
Tanya

Tanya,

How long have you guys been married if I may ask. Any kids together? Was there anything that could have put the IO in doubt?

More and more people aren't being told if they're approved or not anymore. I've talked to a few people who have had interviews recently and none were told.

Everyone has to wait 60 days before inquiring when it's pending. Before that they can't do anything from what I was told by them. There was also a huge article in our paper earlier in the month about the head of immigration resigning due to the back log of cases and that the "average" time between interview and green card is 18 months now.

Wow. I already knew I was lucky, but this makes me feel even moreso.

my father in law said we're blessed because the day the article came out was the day we got our approval emails. Your process was really fast. I thought ours went fast, we applied in september and today I received the card.

Tanya, don't worry. I thought for SURE I failed the interview but didn't! I'm sure it's just due to back log. Good luck!

Maybe the USCIS is putting the new higher fees to some good use and is hiring many new IOs, but these junior employees cannot approve applications on the spot yet?

as long as it is aprooved and it goes smooth... i dont mind.. and if it'll take long to get the card Infopass+551stamp sounds ok!

Maybe the USCIS is putting the new higher fees to some good use and is hiring many new IOs, but these junior employees cannot approve applications on the spot yet?
After reading lots of posts I am pretty sure you are right..we told IO that we cant wait that long because we need to go to my brothers wedding on june 14 and she marked the file and told me not to travel until I get my card..keeping fingers crossed:)

I'd apply for advance parole, and not count on getting your card by the time you need to leave. My IO told me to apply for it if I needed to travel while the case was pending, Once I applied for it, my case suddenly got approved and the card was sent to me.